Deprecated Binding - Volkswagen We Connect

Hi @hmerk!

I’m still running 3.0.1 in my sandbox but I can make a try to upgrade the coming week-end so that I have somewhere to test it besides my Eclipse environment, I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

I actually did the upgrade tonight, my sandbox is using k3s and own built docker images and this was a really smooth and fast upgrade.

I’ve updated the 3.1.0-binding jar-file in the original post, it starts up in my 3.1.0.M3 sandbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent, will test tomorrow.

Excellent !!! It is working again.
Any chance to get this changes added to you PR, so we can have the binding released officially somme time ?

I think that it is maybe better to have one binding to rule them all, there is another binding that uses the App API that @markus7017 is developing, that also could be ported to support VW.
But I will continue to support this binding.

Hmmm, as far as I understood, the Carnet API he is using is not compatible with Volkswagen We Connect.
I really prefer a separate binding.
In the meantime, glad that you‘re further supporting your binding.

Ok, as of a mail received today, I have to revert my request.

Volkswagen informed me about closing down the We Connect portal April 27th 2021, moving to myVolkswagen…

I will discuss this with @markus7017

With the existing binding I use CarNet to get access to myAudi. CarNet is also available for Volkswagen, Skoda and other brands. Even all of them seems to use the same API there are differences with authentication (token management), service points (http endpoints & parameteers), but also car models, e.g. the ID.3 requires special handling. This is PIAS and the reason why I didn’t made the move to support VW or other brands so far. Fiddling out those things is time consuming (even I’m in contact with some other developers) and then from time to time things get changed :frowning: The ioBroker guy already has an implementation, which supports multiple brand, but with limited spare time…

This binding was working wonderfully for me, but it looks like VW just killed the WeConnect portal, which makes the binding useless at the moment. Does anybody know a solution for this?

VW moved the services to the myvolkswagen portal yesterday.
I think the API calls need to be adjusted for the new portal.

Maybe @jannegpriv can have a look on that and get the binding back to work.

1 Like

As @hmerk wrote above, Volkswagen has closed down the We Connect portal 27 of April, hence my binding will no longer work.

I think we should work for one binding for all VW owned brands and that also uses the App API instead of web API, I have my hope to the binding that @markus7017 has started on.

I have not received any information from VW regarding this close down, if anyone has more info on this please send me a PM!

2 Likes

I did receive this Dutch communication from VW on the topic a while ago:

OK, I have not received any info at all here in Sweden.

I think we need to help Markus with his CarNet based binding and get it to also support VW. The web based API will not be usable any more.

BR,

/Janne

In Germany I’ve recieved attached message about the shutdown on 14th April:

Hallo …

wir starten in den Frühling mit ein paar Neuigkeiten: Das We Connect Portal verabschiedet sich am 27.04.2021. Ihre mobilen Online-Dienste können Sie natürlich weiterhin nutzen.1,2

Aus dem Diensteportfolio Car-Net/We Connect finden Sie folgende Funktionen künftig auf der neuen Website myVolkswagen:

• Fahrzeug hinzufügen
• Fahrzeug verwalten
• Nachrichten (RSS-Feeds)
• Fahrdaten
• Fahrzeugzustandsbericht
• Mobiler Schlüssel
• Service-Terminplanung
• Präferierter Service Partner
[Zu myVolkswagen → ]

In der We Connect App stehen Ihnen komfortabel per Smartphone folgende Funktionen zur Verfügung:

• Fahrzeug hinzufügen
• Fahrzeuge verwalten
• Volkswagen Ident-Verfahren
• Verwaltung von Mitnutzern
• Fahrdaten
• Fahrzeugzustandsbericht
• Türen & Licht
• Parkposition
• Gebietsbenachrichtigung
• Geschwindigkeitsbenachrichtigung
• Hupen & Blinken
• Online-Diebstahlwarnanlage
• Online-Standheizung
• Online-Zielimport
• Online-Routenimport
• Verriegeln & Entriegeln
• Abfahrtszeiten
• Klimatisierung
• Laden
• Mobiler Schlüssel
• Service-Terminplanung
• Präferierter Service Partner

Don’t know if it already has be mentioned, but might the IDDataLogger Project help connecting to OpenHAB?

Regards,
Sebastian

fyi: I added Volkswagen and Skoda support to my CarNet binding (beside Audi).
You are welcome to join: Carnet Binding (implemented: myAudi, Volkgswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Seat)

@shsh Do you have an ID.3/ID.4 and could support implementation/testing?

1 Like

@markus7017 I have an ID.3 and could do some testing. I am trying to set up the binding right now, but when setting my Volkswagen thing, I get:

Invalid result received from API, maybe URL problem GET https://msg.volkswagen.de/fs-car/ (HTTP 404 Not Found)(Invalid result received from API, maybe URL problem)

Are you sure that is the correct URL? Can’t open it in the browser either.

Hi, I‘m having an ID.4 and could do some testing as well, but got the exact same problem as Mario.

Hi, send me a PM
and continue here: Carnet Binding (implemented: myAudi, Volkgswagen, VW ID, Skoda, Seat)

@markus7017 yes I have an ID.3 :sunglasses: … would be great if I can help with testing!