[dev] Z-Wave alarm notifications with parameters

Hi all,

First off, Chris- thank you for all of your hard work and dedication you’ve put into the new dev branch.

I recently started using it on a separate instance to test some locks, and things are working great. I’ve even come up with an interesting idea, but I’m running into a problem with the implementation.

To start off, If I’m not mistaken, it seems like support for event parameters is either not completed yet or missing. I’ve been working on a change to extract those and do something useful, but this is where I’ve run into the roadblock.

For a few of the access_control notification events, there are parameters included which indicate what usercode was used to trigger event. Specifically, I’m interested in 0x05 and 0x06 which are keypad lock / unlock. The event message includes a user code report that contains the user/slot identifier as well as the code itself that was used. If we had access to that information we could trigger rules based on those codes.

Now the interesting part- how would we go about passing that through to the event bus? Since channel “notification_access_control” has the event type in it already, what would the appropriate route to be add another channel of “notification_access_control_parameter”?