Developing a Binding for DLink Plugs

@Jereme_Guenther any chance you could compile for the current 2.3.0 Snapshot and post the jar? or maybe rename the binding or something so we could use it?

Perhaps eventually. Choosing Git as the source control causes lots of issues for many developers, and I happen to be one of those. Generally speaking it is a very poor choice for a source control system unless you work in it every day, which I do not. I wish Git would improve their system and make it user friendly, however, after years of waiting I have given up hope that they will.

So before I can even think about updates to this code I need to struggle through a lot of git commands to figure out how to update the code to the latest version.

any chance of a code update for this add on? or any manual way to include this in my setup?

Probably not for awhile, unless you are a developer and want to do the work yourself.

Git finally released an updated GUI which is much better than the old one. But I still need to successfully get the latest version of openhab. Git updated my other code bases, but it does not seem to have been successful with openhab, so i’ll have to figure that out when I get spare time.

I am more than happy to help someone else get the code. At this point I think all it needs is the community standards cleanup to be accepted into the main code base. That’s just a lot of work for someone who rarely works in Java.

Hi Jereme,

I would love to help take this over if you would share you code with me. I would clean it up and ask it to be added to the base! I am new to openhab but have been a professional developer for 15 years and am looking for ways to give back to this project.

That would be great. I hope you have more success with Eclipse than I have.

Hi, any plans to migrate to OH3 with this binding?

There’s an open PR for adding support for plugs: