[SOLVED] Device with same ID as other Device in Z-Wave DB

I bought a RGBW Controller which was identified as a Switch after I integrated the device into my OpenHAB. The reason for this is, that it has the same manufacturerId and manufacturerRef as an existing Switch in the Z-Wave DB:

<property name="manufacturerId">0000</property>
<property name="manufacturerRef">0003:0002</property>

After a small research I found out, that my RGBW Controller is identical with the SUNRICHER SR-ZV9101FA-RGBW but has a Label from another Company. (Maybe that’s why there is no manufacturerId). So the correct ID would be:

<property name="manufacturerId">0330</property>
<property name="manufacturerRef">0201:D002</property>

Is there a way I can change the IDs of the Controller?
Or any other idea how to solve this problem?
How do you deal with double IDs in the Z-Wave DB?

Thanks for your help.

The problem here is that the device is not following the spec, and there’s no real way around this. The manufacturer ID has not been set, so the binding cannot work out what the device is.

Thanks.
I will sent an e-mail to the manufacturer which says, that the device is not following Z-Wave Software Design Specification SDS13425. I hope I will get my money back.

1 Like

I sent the device back and bought the Fibaro FGRGBWM-441: same problem.
This can’t be a coincidence. The Fibaro even has the same ID:

<property name="manufacturerId">0000</property>
<property name="manufacturerRef">0003:0002</property>

There is something wrong with the software.
I deleted the Thing and added it a few times, nothing changed.
Than I updated and upgraded openHab to version 2.5.0.M3. I also deleteted the cache (/var/lib/openhab2/cache), the files in the temp (/var/lib/openhab2/tmp) folder and rebooted the raspberry pi B+. But the Problem is still the same.
Any idea what is goning wrong?

That manufacturer is not following the Z-Wave specification bu re-using IDs. Choose a different manufacturer.

The Fibaro RGBW Controller is in the Database and two other Devices of the same Manufacturer are working in my OpenHAB. Furthermore Fibaro is in the Z-Wave Alliance, so the Device has to have a valid ID.

I reinstalled OpenHAB and now the Device has a different ID (max Integer Value?!):

<manufacturer>0x7fffffff</manufacturer>
<deviceId>0x7fffffff</deviceId>
<deviceType>0x7fffffff</deviceType>

The Device-ID differs from the ID in the Z-Wave DB

Any idea where I get a working RGBW Z-Wave Controller?
I found a retailer for the new Fibaro RGBW Controller 2, but the device implementation is not finished, yet:
FGRGBW-442

Those are the default (invalid) values when the device has not been fully discovered by the binding. Battery operated devices can be especially challenging to keep awake long enough for the binding to gather all the needed information.

That implementation looks complete to me. What’s missing?

Battery operated devices

The RGBW Controller has no Battery.

That implementation looks complete to me. What’s missing?

I have no idea. The DB says:

Endpoint 0 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 1 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 2 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 3 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 4 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 5 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 6 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 7 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 8 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 9 has no command class linked to the basic class.

And the device is not in the latest SNAPSHOT.

Those are warnings that can usually be ignored.

It should be in the very latest snapshot.

I tried to integrate the device a few times more… and suddently it worked. No idea why, maybe the connection was bad and the data wasn’t fully transmitted and maybe the reinstallation helped.

Thanks for your help.

I think OpenHAB should throw an (incomplete data-) excepion, if required fields contain default values. That would encourage the user to try to connect the device again.
At the moment OpenHAB says, that the device is not in the DB, which is not true.

The binding will continue to try to get the data it needs- there is no need to throw an exception into the log since most people don’t look at this. It is also 100% normal - it takes time to get all the data so it’s not easy to decide WHEN such a warning would be provided. Different devices take different amounts of time to converge.

My guess is your network is probably not well formed and may there were delays - unfortunately it’s impossible to tell without a debug log.