Devolo MT 2648

Hello all,

i am too dump for adding things in openHAB2.

I now have a Devolo Window Sensor MT 2648. It shows in PaperUI and HABmin with “Node9” ( also with 4-8, i have tryed it some times :slight_smile: ). But i dont get the informations from the sensor. I still get this info:

I tryed every button press combination i can think of. Does somebody can help me.

I dont want my Smarthome project be canceled because i cant get my sensors to work.

Thanks
Nils

First try to wake the device up … maybe a few times. Take a look in your manual how to do that, sometimes that is also called “Sending a NIF (Node Information Frame)”.

If that does not work take a look at “Attributes” and compare the Type, ID and firmware version with the entry in the database:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/2

If you have different values than mentioned in the database you need to have the database updated:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

Unfortunately there are no informations about wakeup in the manual.

And my Attributes window shows me this:

Sure there are - at the bottom of page 2 -:

If the user want to wake-up the device immediately, please remove the front cover, and press the tamper key once. The device will wake-up 10 seconds.

Sorry, but this info does not appear in my manual.

But even with the internal button press (several times) nothing changes.

Can someone who uses this device explain step by step how to include it properly?

I get it working with the UZB Stick.

Everything works (more than expected) but the door sensor dont work properly.

I got the advice to update to the snapshot of the z-wave binding. How do i do that on openHABian?

EDIT: It works, but it take some time to update the state. How can that time be reduced?

I would suggest to look in the OH logs to see where the delay is. It’s unlikely that the sensor is sending the data slowly, and I would expect that the ZWave binding processes the data very quickly as well, so maybe it’s the UI. The logs should provide some of these answers if you work through it systematically.

SO my event log tell me that the door sensor needs 20 minutes to update.

2017-03-17 14:54:10.762 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerTemp changed from 24.5 to 25.0
2017-03-17 14:55:09.729 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerTemp changed from 25.0 to 24.4
2017-03-17 14:57:17.574 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerTuerBat changed from NULL to 100
2017-03-17 15:04:59.308 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerLicht changed from 97 to 98
2017-03-17 15:05:58.157 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerLicht changed from 98 to 97
2017-03-17 15:06:01.452 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Wohnzimmer_Tuer changed from NULL to CLOSED
2017-03-17 15:06:01.546 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:8c26d00b:node3' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DYNAMIC_VALUES to ONLINE: Node initialising: DYNAMIC_END
2017-03-17 15:06:01.651 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:8c26d00b:node3' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DYNAMIC_END to ONLINE: Node initialising: HEAL_START
2017-03-17 15:06:01.654 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:8c26d00b:node3' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: HEAL_START to ONLINE: Node initialising: DELETE_ROUTES
2017-03-17 15:06:01.783 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:8c26d00b:node3' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: DELETE_ROUTES to ONLINE: Node initialising: RETURN_ROUTES
2017-03-17 15:06:02.258 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:8c26d00b:node3' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: RETURN_ROUTES to ONLINE: Node initialising: NEIGHBORS
2017-03-17 15:06:02.276 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:8c26d00b:node3' changed from ONLINE: Node initialising: NEIGHBORS to ONLINE
2017-03-17 15:10:53.577 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerTemp changed from 24.4 to 25.0
2017-03-17 15:17:47.434 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerTemp changed from 25.0 to 25.6
2017-03-17 15:22:43.646 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - WohnzimmerTemp changed from 25.6 to 25.0
2017-03-17 15:26:37.942 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - Wohnzimmer_Tuer changed from CLOSED to OPEN

Can i change the update intervall? The other sensors updates several times in this 20 minutes.

Can i log in an other log file for informations?

Probably this means that you haven’t configured the immediate updates and it’s probably only sending the status on wakeup. I would check the device configuration, and specifically check the association group configuration is set correctly to send reports to the controller.

My association groups look like this:

The configurated parameters look like this:

Anything that i have to change?

Sorry - I’m not familiar with the device so can’t comment in detail. The associations looks correct.

If it’s not responding immediately though, then I would suggest the answer is yes :wink:

Ok i played with some settings in the parameter section. But nothing seems to work.

Is someone out there who has this device and can help me with the settings?

Hi @NilsAcht

i am also using this device (without problems), i put the controller also in the light control association group (but this should not be necessary).
It should immediately send a message to the controller when its state changes, so there is no need to update more frequent.

How do you connect to the controller? Occurs the problem with the delay only if you are away and use myopenhab cloud?

Hey,

The delay occurs even when I am at home and direct via network on HABmin.

Every other sensor sends his info directly or with some seconds delay.

So i tryed changing some settings without any effect. OpenHAB2 still not get the infos froms the door sensor at the time i open/close the door.

Some ideas anyone?

I note that parameter 3 is set to “Disable PIR” - to me this sounds like it might prevent this working (although I don’t know the device)?

OK, i try this option when i am at home later.

I tried to enable PIR but I don’t have any option to do this.

I also noticed that my device show this ( https://youtu.be/OrowyiTWSvQ ) behavior when it is detached from my door. Wen it is attached it doesn’t flash red when I open/close the door.

I dont know if it is usefull to reactivate this threadt or not. But i have a new issue with this device:

When i restart my openHABian all my devices (battery or power) are online, only this device came online when i manually wake it up.

Any ideas how to solve it?