HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Please can you add me, too? I did ask for request a few days ago on the google+ link. But still no answer.

Google+ name is bib

@halloween can you send a request again?

Release 0.1 (11)

Added Web widget (JavaScript disabled) and put back https scheme option in server setup (self-signed certificates aren’t supported yet).

Web widget example

Frame label="Web Page {widget:web}" {
    Webview url="http://example.com" 
}

Would it be possible to have javascript enabled optionally as a setting for the widget?

I for example have several pages that renders bus/train/flight schedules that depends on javascript.

Yes, JS option will be released a bit later

1 Like

Perfect!

Ah that is why my server isn’t showing up any sitemaps! Although trying with http only still doesn’t work. Is there any logging I can check as to why the connection might be failing? I have authentication enabled (and populated). I don’t see any sitemaps listed (I have 4 configured, one specifically for Rotini).

Can’t wait to have a play with this!

Release 0.1 (12)

New Outlet widget.

Parsing error when only one sitemap is available during load sitemaps API call is now fixed.

Outlet widget example

Frame label="{widget:outlet}" {
    Switch item=Outlet_Kitchen_Counter
}

@igor I don’t have a VoiceCommand item - will this cause problems when the app tries to load the sitemaps?

With your latest version I am seeing a message Unable to load sitemaps -> Try again.

@ben_jones12 Lack of VoiceCommand shouldn’t be related.
How many sitemaps do you have?

4 - 3 are normal sitemaps for use in Habdroid etc, and there is one setup for Rotini.

I found one thing that can cause sitemaps load issue is a lack of label on any sitemap, so I will fix that.
Can you check if any of sitemaps has no label?

They all have labels, although two had the same label, one of which was the Rotini one. I just changed that but it had no effect.

Here is the Rotini sitemap;

sitemap multi-page label="Rotini"
{
  Text label="Living Room" {
    Frame label="{widget:clock}"
    Frame label="Living Room {widget:temperature}" {
      Text item=Sensor_LivingTemp
    }
  }
  Text label="Outside" {
    Frame label="Outside {widget:weather}" {
      Text label="{item:condition} [cloudy-partly]"
      Text item=Weather_TodayText label="{item:condition-summary}"
      Text item=Weather_TempOut label="{item:temperature}"
      Text item=Weather_TodayMax label="{item:temperature-high}"
      Text item=Weather_TodayMin label="{item:temperature-low}"
      Text item=Weather_HumidityOut label="{item:humidity}"
    }
  }
}

BINGO!! The issue was the sitemap name multi-page which I copied from your example I think - perhaps I misread? After changing that to rotini the sitemaps loaded and I am in business!!

Looks great BTW - really awesome work Igor!!

@igor - do you want us to log bug/requests on this thread or do you have some sort of bug tracker setup?

I have flood sensors setup against Switch items, but it seems your water-sensor widget is written for Contact items only. Is it easy enough to add support for different item types for these widgets?

I am also seeing the bottom of the door widget being cut off on my HTC M7. The text that says ‘OPEN’ or ‘CLOSED’ is cut off as the widget is not quite high enough.

I can see me spending hours tinkering with this - the UI is very fluid and smooth - great work!

I think (-) in the name screws up the server response, so it loses the label. But great that you got it working.
Enjoy!

Here or on G+ is cool, no tracker yet

Will check on that, but I’m curious why did you do it on a Switch, are there any benefits?

Can you post a screenshot?

I think it was one of the first things I setup a LONG time ago. Probably didn’t really understand the difference to be honest. I now have rules and logging around these items so would prefer not to change, but it might be a good reason to do so I guess?

Screenshot below…

There are other bindings that update only Switch items when a reasonable alternative could have been Contact items, so there are cases where it would be difficult or at least very tedious/messy to change Switch items to Contact items in order to accommodate a UI. It would be great to have flexibility in the UI instead!