HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

how is it possible to become a party G+ community?

Request invite here

Mhhhh :frowning: Not sure if i understand this right

i created 7 items from my Hue Lights
 the main group is “gLicht”.

where do i now create this “Group item” in the items document?

Group:switch:function alle_lichter1 [“Alle Lichter”] [] [(gLicht)]

Is this correct? Cause it is not really working :smiley: :frowning: sry

Then gLicht could be used as an item in a widget. If I remember correctly, you shouldn’t need to create explicit group item in that case.

mmhhh :frowning:

For me it is not working

sitemap rotini_dev label="Dev {rotini:true}"
{
  Text label="Lights" {
Frame label="Alle Lichter {widget:light-switch}" {
      Switch item=gLicht
      }
}

Group gLicht 

Color schlaf_licht_hue_carsten 		"Grooth" 				<light>	(gSchlaf, gLicht, gLSchlaf) 	{channel="hue:0210:001788412fcd:1:color"}
Color schlaf_licht_hue_hannah		"Harry"					<light> (gSchlaf, gLicht, gLSchlaf)		{channel="hue:0210:001788412fcd:7:color"}

When i add schlaf_licht_hue_carsten to the item in the sitemap no problem
If i use a Group nothing happens :frowning:

Just for completness sake. The above is a so called active group. It can contain all lights that are turned on or off. In fact the group contains as much members depending on their state.

As igor pointed out the gLicht is the correct one. Just use it as item in rotini config. I’ll do the same to switch off all groundfloor lights together. Works like charm.

@Multisaft7 The issue might be that items are color, not switches. Try this for group:
Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) gLicht

Is it possible that you can provide the sitemap of that view with used items? It just looks so awesome
 Impressed by your work!

@igor, great work, well documented and very friendly UI, even for the inexperienced users like me.
I’ve been trying to dive into OH2 for the last two weeks and most of the times, it was too hard.
Even though, the openHABian release, was simplifying a lot the installation process, most of the examples, referred to OH1 or were requiring previous knowledge of coding.
Fortunately, your app, provided me a nice, basic but working dashboard.
The only blocking factor experienced so far to your app is the pricing model you’re about to introduce, I think it is way to much.
I would be happy to pay 5€-10€ for an unrestricted license but what you suggest, I believe is unfair and overpriced.

Hi Igor,

Is it to late to join the beta testing team? I submitted my request a few days ago but have not received approval yet.

Kind regards

@katsaplias I’m glad you like the application. The goal to improve user experience is what started this project.

Regarding the pricing, I think everyone has their own standard of what is overpriced and how they would be willing to pay for a product. However, I’m not sure why you think the price is unfair.
Just like with any product the price is set based on many factors, one of which is sustainability. There are quite a few products/companies in HA space that priced themselves down into failures. In my opinion, paying even $10 for a product that would be abandoned in a year or so for the luck of new users, is $10 too much.

I believe that any product provides a certain value for a certain price and everyone decides if that value is worth it for them, be that a $50 motion sensor or a $10 app.

@ishorter can you PM me your G+ email, so I can invite you directly, since I don’t see an outstanding invite from you.

ishorter@simplifi-home.com
ishorter6263@gmail.com

@igor, I fully agree that the price for the app should be determined by you and the term “overpriced” is relative to every person.
My opinion and my comment about that derived from my personal experience as a DIY/HA enthusiast and I believe I’m in the same group like the majority of this community.

The idea is that in a HA environment, you require multiple control points providing to the user simplicity and flexibility.
Another important reason is to eliminate the single points of failure, which in some cases on a home environment there is no bypass control mechanism.
According to your tariff plan, you would require from a small family/house at least 70$ (including tablets and mobiles) and this is only for the app.

So, what I say is that you provide a DIY app for the home environment with a pricing point for the niche market.

Stavros

Hi Tommy,

In your picture you have a widget showing the Alarm state as Off. Which Widget is that?

I’m new to rotini and building my first sitemap currently. :slight_smile:

Hey Erik, this is what it looks like in my sitemap file. It’s a “mode” widget
 I use the DSC alarm binding.

Frame label="{widget:mode}" {
		Selection item=PARTITION1_ARM_MODE mappings=[
			1="Armed {icon:secure}",
			0="Disarmed {icon:home}"
			]
		}
1 Like

@igor, hope you have been keeping well!

I’ve been tinkering with HABPanel a bit and while it is cool and the possibilities look endless I do have to say that one pretty much needs to have decent development skills at the moment to make it do more than the basic stuff.

So I’m still in the Rotini supporters club :slight_smile:
Plus the widgets don’t look anywhere as nice and uniform as Rotini at the moment!

1 Like

Thanks Tommy, perfekt just the widget I was looking for! :slight_smile:

Is it still possible to become a beta tester? I sent a request to join to a community, if the application is distributed through Google Play.

Why does the update of an openhab group item takes so long. In the OH2 event log an groupitem state change is immediately send after the group is changed. Is it not possible for Rotini to trigger this event and update the item faster? What is different to normal items as they are working perfectly.

Example:

Group items not updating correctly

Rotini Config

Frame label=“PrĂ€senz {widget:window-sensor,icon=face}” {
Switch item=gPresence label="[Anwesend: %d]"
}

Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) gPresence “PrĂ€senz [(%d)]”

The group switch item is updating correctly with on and off ( slowly but it is working ). But the decimal integer item is only updated if I manually refresh the page in the rotini app. It should be also possible in rotini without this manual update as in cometvisu ( also using rest api ), basic and classic ui this is workin as expected. This is an importnat feature for me. Are you able to correct this wrong behaviour in the app?

best regards René