HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

@Spaceman_Spiff I don’t think that is something I would want licensing to rely on. The idea about license sharing I described above is the most likely possible.

Hello!

So, you’re saying that we should buy unknown number (since we don’t know exact number of house guests we could have in future) of guest licences, we’re not sure we’ll ever use?

Well, no. I meant a known number of licenses, which certainly wouldn’t apply to all cases.
As I said, I didn’t think about this use case before, so I better not say more at this point :slight_smile:

Is there any way to set a default tab and then have display return to it after some time of inactivity - e.g. set the default tab 1 which contains data and most important controls but not all. To se light brightness user has to switch to tab 3 “light control” rotini reverts to tab 1 after 20 seconds of inactivity.

This feature will be available in the new beta.

Update on the current state of the project and the future steps.

The development for the new version of the app has started a bit over 6 months ago. I have to admit, it has been going along slower than originally anticipated for multitude of reasons, both technical and external.
Even though this new version is a continuation of original Project Rotini idea, it is a brand new application that was started from scratch from technical perspective. As with any small startup project, the first version had large amount of technical debt that would need to be addressed sooner rather than later, so I took the opportunity to improve on a lot of solutions for the new version.
That should pay off in future and allow some cool new features without additional significant application rework. A lot ground work to support future iOS version and central configuration were included in that.

Now to the future steps.
Currently most of the application internals for basic functionality are complete. Home Assistant and OpenHAB platforms are fully integrated. Some UI pieces are still in development that are a must before first preview release. To get it out as early as possible, I’ve decided to have preview releases that will have missing functionality but will allow certain number of willing users to get the idea and start playing around with the app. It has been a long road, so this should be an exciting milestone for the project.

First preview release for Android is targeted for the beginning of June. At the same time, new community will be open for general discussions, feature requests and support.
Additional details regarding full beta roll out and final release will be posted around that time as well.

4 Likes

Sorry to do this folks,

Very raw here. I downloaded the play store app - now what? I know i have to set some configurations, and the app says widget type is missing. But where does this happen? I read over much of this thread many days ago, it is all a blur now. Thanks

@Sabre66 at this point, I would recommend to wait until new beta comes out, since there is no need to do text file configurations anymore and everything is configured through UI

Ok, thanks Igor

Beta seems to have expired today, but i’m unable to update it?

Hello!

I was able to update it, but it still says beta has expired.

Best regards,
Davor

My apologies for the snafu.
Version that was pushed couple of days ago actually did not have extended date :rolling_eyes: :angry:
New version with correct date was pushed few hours ago, so it might take a bit longer to propagate.

After I announced a new direction and vision for Project Rotini, I was very excited about it and, in the last half year, have been working hard to bring this idea to life.
Today, I have to be honest with all my users though. After rewriting the application from scratch with a new technology and planning ahead for different integrations, it became obvious that there are more nuances to account for than I anticipated.
I’m still working hard and inspired by the idea. However, because of levels of complexity as well as series of technical misfits, I have to postpone the first preview release.
I appreciate your understanding and patience and hope to deliver Project Rotini within several months.

P.S. I have added some screenshots (of the work in progress), as have been requested

1 Like

Sad to hear this has stalled but can completely understand. The work in progress screens look really great fwiw.

June almost ended, how can I participate in beta?

Beta will be available at a later date, as stated a couple of posts above. I will post further updates as soon as something changes.

I would love to try Rotini, I sent a request to join - please accept!

@Sjdavis11 accepted

Finishing touches on the widget editor, last critical app component

4 Likes

Accept my request to beta join, please.