HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

The starter version is limited to one dashboard with up to 3 pages and one connected platform. All other current features are available without limits.

So i can make 9 different dashboards for my house - each with 1-3 pages and use 9 android-tablets in my rooms, each with a different dashboard?

And connected platforms means, that i can only use one openhab-server for this? So only one house, not my house, house of my parents and so on?

This would be ok for me.

@halloween yes, thatā€™s correct.

man igor, i am thinking of switching to openhab and i think your app is what seals it for me. the beta pictures looks so good. Great job.

I dont have an andorid tablet though, which sucks, just iOS ones, but i guess i have to buy that as well. Really nice work again.

@Henrik_Roksvaag Appreciate it! Glad you like the app.
Which home automation system do you use right now?

Happy to announce that Project Rotini is now HomeHabit!
Huge thank you to everyone who tried Project Rotini preview releases.

Whatā€™s New

First HomeHabit release is mostly the same as the last Project Rotini release, but it does contain several critical fixes. More features and fixes are coming out in the next few weeks.

Migration

The new version of Project Rotini that is rolling out now will have a link to upgrade to HomeHabit release through the Play Store.
Please migrate to the HomeHabit app at your earliest convenience. The app has the same functionality and will migrate all data over from Project Rotini on first launch (as long as both apps are installed on the same device).

Over the next few days, websites will migrate to the new domain as well.

We tried to make migration process as smooth as possible. In a chance that something goes wrong during migration, please uninstall HomeHabit app to use Project Rotini again. Do not uninstall or clear data on Project Rotini app until you are sure that HomeHabit app functions correctly.

Do you know, how much the full version will cost in the future?

Can i still make a special sitemap centraliced inside my openhab-folder to get the same sitemap on all my devices or can i only make it on my device (smartphone/tablet) and i have to manually copy the file to all my other devices?

I tested project rotini some time ago, there it was possible to send the loacation of my smartphone to openhab. In the homehabit app i couldnĀ“t find this. Is this still there or was this removed?

Can i connect to my openhab server from outside? With myopenhab? Or is this only working, when iĀ“m inside my own network?

Hey @Igor I havenā€™t tried out the new version for quite a while but had some spare time today so had a go at using the centralised config file approach.

I got quite close to my desired layoutā€¦ Almost enough to stop me using the legacy version that is on my tablet on the wall in the kitchen. Nice work!

@halloween you can currently specify a single central JSON file to define the widgets. Ideally multiple files should be possible for different devices. There is not yet any GPS reporting and neither does it work remotely yet through the OpenHAB cloud. So for now Iā€™ll still be using the legacy version on my phone for remote access and to open up the gate before I get home.

1 Like

shared you app

New thread created for updates: HomeHabit Dashboard - Updates

Legacy Project Rotini app users: It looks like because Google+ has gone away the Play Store cannot find the app even for devices that have the app currently installed. It was working fine during our testing, but apparently not the case here.

If you would like to still continue to use legacy app, please send me DM with google email that is used on device that has app installed, I will add those manually to the list.
Also please make sure that you are showed as tester for that google account on this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.igorgladkov.rotini

@igor Is there the possibility that the Action-Button can set an Openhab-Item to a specific Value, not ON/OFF more like a Number?

@tobi2709 yes, any value would work

I just became of aware of this project and was hoping it still existed.

@Willie_B_Sublet_III Yes, definitely. There is new thread there updates are posted within OpenHAB community: HomeHabit Dashboard - Updates