i’ve got big difficulties with MySQL Persistence. I’ve used Paper UI to install the add-on MySQL Persistence. I have add a database to my MySQL Server and create mysql.persist and mysql.cfg files. It doesn’t work. Nothing happens! I tried “localhost”, “127.0.0.1”, “192.168.178.31” as address but nothing works. There where no tables in my database. I have no more idea how to solve it.
2020-05-03 17:06:54.111 [ERROR] [sql.internal.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Failed connecting to the SQL database using: driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, url=jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/openHAB, user=root
java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value ‘CEST’ is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.13.jar:8.0.13]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.13.jar:8.0.13]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:89) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.13.jar:8.0.13]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:63) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.13.jar:8.0.13]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:73) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.13.jar:8.0.13]
I don’t understand. I tried to change the “localtime=false” in mysql.cfg but that doesn’t change the errors. Time zone set to ‘Europe/Berlin’.
I have set the server timezone in my mysql.cfg:
# the database url like 'jdbc:mysql://<host>:<port>/<database>' (without quotes)
But I experienced the problem anyway but it is not reproducable. When my OpenHAB environment in the docker container starts everthing works fine … some times the error appears during the day and some times not …
When i began to work with OpenHAB i’ve installed it on ubuntu via the software AND (i don’t know why) via commandline. I think this was the beginning of a long and very bad experience. I’m now sure the item123 was created by the second installation of OpenHAB and was not completely deleted. There where a lot of problems in fact of that bad installation! I couldn’t trace back all my actions for this so i’ve deleted absolutely all and started completely new. A new installation of ubuntu and a proper installation of OpenHAB an all the bindings. Now everything works fine.