Digiplex/EVO alarm system integration using PRT3 module

Thanks! I’ll spend tomorrow resurrecting my env and getting it to build correctly.

My Serial Port is extended correctly from my PRT3 through to my OH VM, and exposed correctly as a socat device (/dev/ttyPARADOX0 in my case). So the end-to-end chain is all correct, as are the PTY permissions, and Java CLI args… That’s what triggered the desire to do it correctly, and code into the Binding itself (vs debug it with all my work-arounds) … everything except Java/OH was showing the PRT3 communications path to be working correctly.

This all uses the USB connector on the PRT3, since it’s via Vera - where I’ve shutdown the HA (“cmh”) controller to free up the port. Vera/MiOS devices inherently use ser2net to turn serial things into IP things, as the MiOS framework unifies these comms paths into a simple stream abstraction.

At any rate, the USB-Serial on the PRT3 has been rock solid for ~8-9 yrs now (my MiOS/Paradox plugin is v.old code at this point)

PS: I couldn’t see a “user” abstraction in the code. I have a few scenes that behave differently depending upon the user that disarms the system. Do you have plans for this, or did I miss it?

I didn’t need any user specific actions so this part of the binding needs extension. Quick look at the protocol documentation reveals that it is doable. I don’t have any plans for such extension, but this may change. On the other hand it’s open source, so feel free to code it yourself. It should be pretty straightforward with my framework in place.

In the meantime, I created issue and PR, so I hope my binding will find its way to the official repository soon.

Cheers,
Robert

Thanks Robert. I got it working. I’ll upgrade to the new version when it appears in the official repository.

Does this work on 2.4.0 stable? Any screenshots of widgets that have been created? Is there a list of what items it exposes? Sounds good though

It SHOULD work, never confirmed it though. My current setup is 2.5.0.M1.
Documentation can be found here: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/digiplex/. No screenshot unfortunately.

1 Like

Hello,

Is it possible to implement possibility to configure zones and areas via .things file? for today I can use only discovery.

Ed

Hi,

PRT3 is hard to find because is obsolete and was replaced by the BUS2SER.

It uses ASCII Protocol Programming and/or C-Bus Programming like the PRT3. It means the current binding will work?

Looking for the PCB boards, they are the same, but the new BUS2SER just have the components for the serial communication. No USB or parallel connectors and ICs. So, should work.

I don’t own this new module so cannot confirm it for 100%, but i don’t see any new version of ASCII protocol released, so I would assume it uses the same version as PRT3 - ergo: should work.

Hello,

This thread is quite old, I don’t know if anybody is still using the PRT3 binding. I would like to thank @rmichalak for the work. I did something similar in C#, service running under Windows, it communicates with my eedomus controller and I can see the state and control my EVO.

I am now evaluating moving to openHAB 4, quite promising, but learning curve is steep.

So, I got the binding working, I see all my zones and receive info about them, but I don’t understand how to create an item to send commands. I am on openHAB 4 working with the GUI and I don’t know how to “convert” this example:

Switch item=areaControl label="Actions[]" mappings=[QA="Regular Quick Arm",QS="Stay Quick Arm",D1111="Disarm"] labelcolor=[Ok="green",Fail="red"]

Thanks for the help.