Dimmable ColorTemp Adjustable lightbulbs in homekit are represented differently

Hi,

I have just added two Tasmota bulbs to Homekit.
One works as intended, ie I have one Item in homekit that has on/off, brightness and colortemp.
the other bulb that I configured identically in regards to homekit metadata shows up as two items in homekit (on/off switches, once representing the group, once the power toggle item).

I cannot find out for the life of me whats different between the two bulbs in OH3.

The group that hosts the on/off control, the brightness and the color temp items I set to “Lighting”
the Brightness to “Lighting.brightness”, the power toggle to “Lighting.OnState” and the color temp to “Lighting.Colortemperature”:

any idea whats wrong here? thanks

looks like an issue with group.
all items related to one bulb should part of the same group with homekit=Lightning meta data on it (this looks correct) and should not be part of any other group with homekit metadat.
so, please check whether items are linked to any other group with homekit label

1 Like

well the group was part of another group that USED to have “Lighting” as metadata, but not anymore.
interesting, in the log I see this:

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2021-03-04 18:18:33.425 [WARN ] [.accessories.HomekitAccessoryFactory] - Accessory of type Lighting must have following characteristics [ON_STATE]. Found only []

2021-03-04 18:18:33.426 [WARN ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Could not add device Kochinsel1_Helligkeit: Missing mandatory characteristics

which is interesting, as Kochinsel1_Helligkeit is not tagged as “lighting” but “lighting.brightness”

homekit binding cannot find a group with homekit tag for Kochinsel1_Helligkeit and therefore it assumes, Kochinsel1_Helligkeit has to cover all mandatory attributes, i.e. ON_STATE.

it is definitely an issue with groups. on your screenshots all looks correct but for some reason, binding cannot find the correct groups
try to re-do or remove and add the groups again

could be broken data somewhere.
it works for all bulbs, EXCEPT the three that where in a group that was tagged “lighting”.
I removed them from the group, I deleted the group, nothing helps…maybe I have to add the items afresh. thanks!

ok, found it.
the group Kochinsel1, which holds all items that belong to the bulb had an aggregation function with member base type switch. that’s wrong anyway and as soon as I removed it, it works fine in homekit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weird enough that this was the issue, actually.