Dimmer Group not showing the right Value in BasicUI

So after getting my first sitemap up I noticing my Hue dimmer sliders weren’t showing the actual brightness after being turned off and then back on. The lights would remember they were at 50% but the UI would show 100%. With a lot of hunting I found out they all needed autoupdate=“false” added to their item definitions. Easy peasy except I have one group of lights Hallway_Lights and even after adding autoupdate=“false” to all my lights, this group still acts the same. Now I know its because they are in a group but later I’ll be having rooms with 2 bulbs in one fixture and I know others would of done this to so I’d like a little help figuring out how to set up Hue lights in a group in the best way possible! I’m guessing it’s something simple as I just want the slider for that group to actually show the brightness level of that group after toggling the group with a switch. Sorry about the very likely noob question but thank you for any help!

lights.items

Group:Dimmer:MAX Hallway_Lights

Dimmer Hue_Front_Door_Light "Front Door Light" <dimmablelight> (Hallway_Lights) { channel="hue:0100:00178825acf3:4:brightness", autoupdate="false" }
Dimmer Hue_Hallway_Bulb_1 "Hallway Bulb 1" <dimmablelight> (Hallway_Lights) { channel="hue:0100:00178825acf3:5:brightness", autoupdate="false" }
Dimmer Hue_Hallway_Bulb_2 "Hallway Bulb 2" <dimmablelight> (Hallway_Lights) { channel="hue:0100:00178825acf3:6:brightness", autoupdate="false" }
Dimmer Hue_Hallway_Bulb_3 "Hallway Bulb 3" <dimmablelight> (Hallway_Lights) { channel="hue:0100:00178825acf3:7:brightness", autoupdate="false" }
Dimmer Hue_Hallway_Bulb_4 "Hallway Bulb 4" <dimmablelight> (Hallway_Lights) { channel="hue:0100:00178825acf3:8:brightness", autoupdate="false" }

Color Hue_Bedroom_Light "Bedroom Light" <slider> { channel="hue:0210:00178825acf3:1:color", autoupdate="false" }
Color Hue_Office_Light "Office Light" <slider> { channel="hue:0210:00178825acf3:9:color", autoupdate="false" }

Dimmer Hue_Living_Room_Light "Living Room Light" <dimmablelight> { channel="hue:0220:00178825acf3:3:brightness", autoupdate="false" }
Dimmer Hue_Kitchen_Light "Kitchen Light" <dimmablelight> { channel="hue:0220:00178825acf3:2:brightness", autoupdate="false" }

main.sitemap

sitemap main label="The Sanctum Sanctorum" 
{
	Frame label="Who's Home?" {
		Switch item=Presence_GLaDOS label=Alex icon="man_3"
		Switch item=Presence_Sams_A5 label=Sam icon="woman_3"
	}
	Frame label="Hallway Lights" {
		Switch item=Hallway_Lights label="Toggle" icon="light"
		Slider item=Hallway_Lights label="Brightness" icon="dimmablelight"
	}
	Frame label="Living Room Light" {
		Switch item=Hue_Living_Room_Light label="Toggle" icon="light"
		Slider item=Hue_Living_Room_Light label="Brightness"
	}
	Frame label="Kitchen Light" {
		Switch item=Hue_Kitchen_Light label="Toggle" icon="light"
		Slider item=Hue_Kitchen_Light label="Brightness"
	}
	Frame label="Bedroom Light" {
		Switch item=Hue_Bedroom_Light label="Toggle" icon="light"
		Slider item=Hue_Bedroom_Light label="Brightness"
		Colorpicker item=Hue_Bedroom_Light label="Color" icon="colorpicker"
	}
	Frame label="Office" {
		Switch item=Wemo_Enail_Switch icon="poweroutlet_us"
		Switch item=Hue_Office_Light label="Toggle" icon="light"
		Slider item=Hue_Office_Light label="Brightness"
		Colorpicker item=Hue_Office_Light label="Color" icon="colorpicker"
	}
}

I didn’t find this mentioned anywhere but through trial and error I found adding { autoupdate=false } to the end of a Dimmer group definition solves this problem as I realized it was the same issue you have with a single light when you first set them up! An ON command will set sliders to 100% even if the light was only at 50% without { autoupdate=false } what surprised me is that I could use this on a group!!

1 Like