Dimmer in browser not working

Hi,

I just got a dimmer and in the ipad it renders to a slider and in the browser it renders to Increase and Decrease button.

I saw in another topic that it is not possible to render in the ipad as a slider. Is this correct?

In the browser, the increase and decrease buttons are not working in any way. How can I fix this? In the event log I can see and INCREASE and DECREASE event, but the value for the element doesn’t change.

thanks,
MC

I have to say also that the dimmer up/down buttons in my browser pretty much don’t work as well. I thought this was something to do with my specific setup / combination, or perhaps only an issue in Chrome browser?

I am using android app and dimmer sliders are rendered / work properly. Trouble is they don’t work in the browser (they render as UP/DOWN buttons). My understanding is if you want them to work by pressing up down buttons you have to use the rule from the demo example :
/**

• This is a demo rule which simulates a real dimmer by reacting to increase/decrease commands

• and posting an updated state on the bus
    */
    rule “Dimmed Light”
    when
    Item DimmedLight received command
    then
    var Number percent = 0
    if(DimmedLight.state instanceof DecimalType) percent = DimmedLight.state as DecimalType

if(receivedCommand==INCREASE) percent = percent + 5
     if(receivedCommand==DECREASE) percent = percent - 5

if(percent<0)   percent = 0
     if(percent>100) percent = 100
     postUpdate(DimmedLight, percent);

end

or try greent UI in the browser. It renders sliders properly, but has issues with other things.

1 Like

Just for a reference in case sb was wondering, those are some working/tested rules as the demo ones do not work for me in classic UI:

rule "Implement INCREASE and DECREASE commands for a zwave dimmer"
when
    Item WallLamps received command INCREASE or
    Item WallLamps received command DECREASE
then
    logInfo("walllamps.rules", "triggered")
    var Number percent = 0
    if(WallLamps.state != Uninitialized)
    {
            percent = WallLamps.state
    }
    if(receivedCommand==INCREASE) percent = percent + 5