Direct attach homematic sensor (HmIP-STH)

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry 3b+
    • Java Runtime Environment: openHABian integrated
    • openHAB version: 2.3.0
  • Issue of the topic: i try to connect a homematic sensor (HmIP-STH) to openHAB without any additional homematic instance like CCU. Is this possible?

I am complete new to the openHAB stuff. Is it possible to discover and manage a homematic sensor (HmIP-STH)via bluetooth or wifi and manage it directly through openHAB without any additional controller?

Best Regards
Michael

No, this is not possible. The protocol used by the Homematic devices is not open source (and not not documented).

You will either have to use a CCU or the new RPI-RF-MOD module for Raspberry.

Martin

Thank you @MHerbst !
Is it possible to Run openhab + rpi-rf-mod on The Same Pi?

I have read that it is possible to run Homegear on the same machine as openHAB (openhabian contains a special option to install it). But I am not sure whether Homegear already supports the new rpi-rf-mod.
The option would be to use Raspberrymatic as base system and then install openHAB. I would assume that it would also work.

ok, the worst case is
1 rbpi for the RaspberryMatic + rpi-rf-mod
1 rbpi for the openhab
?

You can use the ccu in a lxc Container. Tools like pivccu or yahm will help u to setup this easy on one rpi

Do pivccu or yahm already support the new rip-rf-mod? Otherwise I would simply try to install RaspberryMatic + openHAB on one rpi and test whether it runs stable.

my RPI-RF-MOD will arrive today and i will give it a try and post my result here :slight_smile: thank you so far!

I have a Openhabian Rasperry-Pi 3b and would like to use Homegear included in Openhabian to access some Homematic devices like a water detector (that I didn’t buy yet). For this, I added the module RPI-RF-MOD. I activated Homegear, and it is running (according to ´top´). I installed the Homematic binding but a scan for Things did not find anything. Now I don’t know where to go on from this point, as I have no idea

1. where to let Homegear know that there is a RPI-RF-MOD. If I had to add something to homematicbidcos.conf (as a readme file suggests), I don’t know how to do it.
  2. where I would add new devices (if I had any)

I checked quite some pages but they are either just for RPI-RF-MOD without Homegear, or about Homegear but without RPI-RF-MOD, or about openHAB / Homematic binding with a very small reference to RPI-RF-MOD but without Homegear. I am lost in the details of my setup :frowning:

I answer my own question:
I found in the Homegear forum (Link in German) that it doesn’t (yet) work with RFP-RF-MOD.