Direct attach homematic sensor (HmIP-STH)

openhab2
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd316793858>

(Michael Weber) #1
  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry 3b+
    • Java Runtime Environment: openHABian integrated
    • openHAB version: 2.3.0
  • Issue of the topic: i try to connect a homematic sensor (HmIP-STH) to openHAB without any additional homematic instance like CCU. Is this possible?

I am complete new to the openHAB stuff. Is it possible to discover and manage a homematic sensor (HmIP-STH)via bluetooth or wifi and manage it directly through openHAB without any additional controller?

Best Regards
Michael

(Martin Herbst) #2

No, this is not possible. The protocol used by the Homematic devices is not open source (and not not documented).

You will either have to use a CCU or the new RPI-RF-MOD module for Raspberry.

Martin

(Michael Weber) #3

Thank you @MHerbst !
Is it possible to Run openhab + rpi-rf-mod on The Same Pi?

(Martin Herbst) #4

I have read that it is possible to run Homegear on the same machine as openHAB (openhabian contains a special option to install it). But I am not sure whether Homegear already supports the new rpi-rf-mod.
The option would be to use Raspberrymatic as base system and then install openHAB. I would assume that it would also work.

(Michael Weber) #5

ok, the worst case is
1 rbpi for the RaspberryMatic + rpi-rf-mod
1 rbpi for the openhab
?

(nighti ) #6

You can use the ccu in a lxc Container. Tools like pivccu or yahm will help u to setup this easy on one rpi

(Martin Herbst) #7

Do pivccu or yahm already support the new rip-rf-mod? Otherwise I would simply try to install RaspberryMatic + openHAB on one rpi and test whether it runs stable.

(Michael Weber) #8

my RPI-RF-MOD will arrive today and i will give it a try and post my result here :slight_smile: thank you so far!