Disable Logging for OneWire Bindings Exception

Hi There,

OneWireBinding writes these exceptions to my openhab.log:

2015-09-03 10:14:55.365 [ERROR] [o.o.b.o.i.c.OneWireConnection ] - reading from path 

28.AC0585050000/temperature attempt 1 throws exception
org.owfs.jowfsclient.OwfsException: Error -22
	at org.owfs.jowfsclient.internal.OwfsConnectionImpl.readPacket(OwfsConnectionImpl.java:264) ~[org.owfs.jowfsclient-1.2.6.jar:na]
	at org.owfs.jowfsclient.internal.OwfsConnectionImpl.read(OwfsConnectionImpl.java:133) ~[org.owfs.jowfsclient-1.2.6.jar:na]
	at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.connection.OneWireConnection.readFromOneWire(OneWireConnection.java:206) ~[bundlefile:na]
	at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding.updateItemFromOneWire(OneWireBinding.java:259) [bundlefile:na]
	at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.OneWireBinding.devicePropertyWantsUpdate(OneWireBinding.java:216) [bundlefile:na]
	at org.openhab.binding.onewire.internal.scheduler.OneWireUpdateTask.run(OneWireUpdateTask.java:59) [bundlefile:na]
2015-09-03 10:14:55.367 [INFO ] [o.o.b.o.i.c.OneWireConnection ] - Trying to reconnect to owserver...
2015-09-03 10:14:55.561 [INFO ] [o.o.b.o.i.c.OneWireConnection ] - Connected to owserver [IP '127.0.0.1' Port '4304']

This isn’t a problem of the binding and I know, why it occurs but it’s ok for me.

But I don’t want these messages occur in my openhab.log. The best way would be to write them to a different log file like onewire.log but I couldn’t find out how to do this.

Could someone give me an example?

Bests
PascalTurbo

The bottom of the Z-Wave binding wiki page gives an example for redirecting its log output to zwave.log; you could adapt it for this binding. Also, you could use the %nopex modifier in logback.xml to suppress stack traces.

1 Like

Works great. Thank you!