[DISCONTINUED] Tado Binding

@AndersBN thanks for the kind words! I’m happy to hear that my binding is useful to others. :slight_smile:

@PeterP the termination timer is supposed to be a fix value, which you can set beforehand to turn on manual mode with a given duration.
E.g. I use a dropdown list on habpanel to update my timer.

To understand, I wanted to test it with Basic UI. These are my files:
items:

Number test_timer "Timer Test" { channel="tado:thermostat:livingroom:terminationTimer"}

Sitemap:

Switch item=test_timer mappings=[1="Test"]

If i click the button, nothing happens.
I expected that the timer will be set to one minute, so I can just activate Manual mode with one minute.

Ah alright, since I don’t use sitemaps I can’t say anything yet.

I’ll look into it tomorrow. Do you encounter the same problem with the target temperature?

Target Temperature is ok.
As you can see there are some Contents missing. I just took the items from here:
[https://github.com/mebe1012/openhab2-addons/blob/tado/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.tado/README.md]

This is how it looks:

Hi, I,m also start to testing my tado installation(6 thermostats, 1 smart thermostat and an extension box) with OH2. First thermostat is configured and it seems to work fine.
@PeterP - how did you convert your humitity from 0.722 to 72.2? I’m still searching for the right parameter, but can’t find it.

For sitemaps you can do transformation on the item itself, please follow the instructions from the following topic: Display Decimal as Percent

@PeterP correct, there are some channels which are not in use yet. So nothing unusual that there is content missing.
Btw, changing the target temperature works?

1 Like

@bennYx0x: Yes this is working fine.
@Torte: I used the link already mentionned by bennYx0x and the rule updates regularely the variable when humidity was changed.

perfect - humidity conversion by rule is working! :+1:

Could you double check your item name?

I just used the quoted Switch from you with my termination timer item and it worked. :wink:

P.S.: the initial state from the termination timer is null, but the binding treats this as the value 0. In a feature release I will initialize it with the value 0 to avoid irritation.

@bennYx0x: Can you post your Dropdown how you update the timer?
Of course I can change the timer value to any number but how do you update it correctly so that tado app recognise the the timer setting?

EDIT: Please see the initial text. Due to a published tado binding today at the eclipse market place, it doesn’t make sense to continue investing time into this binding.

Hi Benjamin

Agree that just one binding should do it. Thanks for your effort, much appreciated :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Hi Benjamin,
I would very much appreciate using your binding. But before I spend a lot of money for some Tado radiator thermostats, I would like to have my following questions answered.

Currently I am driving some Danfoss LC-13 zwave thermostats which I can control in a very flexibla way.
Within openhab2 I implemented some rules that prioritize the latest action whether this was a command sent by a rule to a thermostat or a manual command which changed the temperature using the thermostat’s knobs. Besides this my window sensors always send 4° C (or an OFF command) via rules to to the thermostats in the room where a window is opened and switch the valves back to the latest temperature that was set just before the first window has been opened. I can send commands to the thermostats using openhab rules (cron controlled and window sensor controlled) and I can also change the temperature manually whenever somebody likes to use the theromstat’s knobs instead of openhab.

I would like to know if this kind of controlling is also possible with Tado valves. Therefore it is necessary that they accept commands coming from the binding regardless if someone has changed the temperature manually just seconds before. And it is also necessary that someone can change the temperature manually by simply turning a valve’s knob without the need to deactivate something within openhab or within Tado Internet bridge or via Tado app. Furthermore I need to read the currently set temperature before the sensor triggered rules fire their OFF command.

Best regards,
Frank

Hello Frank,

I am not working on this binding anymore. Please see the initial post and search for the other tado binding thread.

BR
Ben

Hi Frank

I come from using Danfoss LC-13 in my previous home (left 10 of them with my ex-wife, both decisions mutually wise). I have recently bought the Tado and are quite satisfied with them so far. The binding Benjamin created worked really well, but I support his decision to discontinue to avoid working on two identical bindings. I have managed to implement the other (new) binding, although not fully using rules on them yet - only relying on the schedule within the Tado app.

I will recommend the Tado over Danfoss any day, The App and remote connection it’s a clear win. Secondly that you can access other info such as settemp, current temp, humidity, actual heatflow, etc.

Hopefully answering some of your questions, I have just tested updating in the App, secondly in OpenHAB, then manually on thermostat and back in App. Everything is syncronised across app, thermostat and OpenHAB, I did give it a minute between each update to ensure it was done outside of the refreshrate.

Let me know if this answers your questions? Perhaps we should take further discussion on the other binding thread.

/Anders

Hi Bejamin,
sorry, I thought the new one was also yours.

Hi Andres,
it does! Thanks very much.

Yes, you’re right.

Hm, the new binding from Dennis Frommknecht seems to cause a lot of trouble (see: Tado° Binding)
As I am already facing a lot of problems with cron based rules (see: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/4130)
I will not use the new binding. Therefore my question: Did anybody face this kind of problems with the discontinued binding?

Hi Frank,

could you please be more specific about the lot of trouble? I’m not aware of any deal beakers. Thanks

Hi Dennis,
what I meant was: „So far I couldn’t find a way to reliably reproduce the leak problem.“