Discovery Failed for Zigbee Binding

It seems to me that the build is skipping the recompile because no files have changed. I’m guessing that touching one should get it to recompile the next time the build is run.

OK… no worries!

[quote=“5iver, post:41, topic:42201”]
It seems to me that the build is skipping the recompile because no files have changed. I’m guessing that touching one should get it to recompile the next time the build is run.
/quote]

It should really rebuild as the environment (in Cloudbees) should not cache anything (as far as I’m aware). The environment should be scraped down each time. I guess other bindings didn’t all need to be updated either…

I should say - I don’t disagree with your analyses, but it doesn’t all add up somewhere…

O no… it definitely does not all add up! The most puzzling piece to me is that you and @Kai didn’t see the exceptions! And IIRC, you both had tested the binding from the repo (not self compiled). Baffling!

I’ll roll back to 1224 and stop bugging you. :smiley:

Hopefully in the coming days we’ll get things merged and it will solve this issue (although it might bring some other issues of course :wink: ).

@chris, when the new split dongle version is ready, how would one manually install it? Both the zigbee binding and a dongle binding?

The easiest way will be through PaperUI - or manually installing the feature (which is the same thing) - openhab-binding-zigbee.

I was meaning manually, like dropping jars into addons. I’ll try through PaperUI.

openhab.log

2018-04-03 18:02:42.207 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall                      ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember [238]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.zsmartsystems.zigbee

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-04-03 18:02:42.229 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall                      ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [239]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

zigbee.log

2018-04-03 18:02:03.313 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember                  ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember [238]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1613) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
2018-04-03 18:02:03.317 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zigbee                        ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zigbee
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [239]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1613) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

That will still work. You’ll need to add the two bundles that end with .zigbee, and then the two that end with .ember (this will give you the ember dongle only, which should be fine for your setup).

I’m a bit confused - ZWave, or ZigBee?

Sorry… I went back to add the other log to show I had dropped the Ember jar too, but snagged some zwave stuff by accident. I’m stuck right now with binding caching.

I’m only seeing one each for zigbee and ember, and dropping those gave the errors above…

But it’s late… I’ll wait until it’s official. :wink:

(I’ll play with PaperUI and see how it goes once I can get OH to forget the older binding.)

Ok, the other two are managed directly in the TP, but maybe this is not all updated yet and that’s what’s causing the errors. Did you update the whole runtime?

Yes, but openhab2-bundles ran again, so distro is older that individual jars. Installing from PaperUi worked without errors. Haven’t deleted any Things yet though. Installing through addons couldn’t find dependency error (zsmartsystems).

I didn’t try this last night myself and I’m not sure if everything was updated in the system to update the runtime, but if not, then the dependencies won’t resolve as they are not part of the binding anymore.

However, this comment looks like it was all working and tested and the dependencies did resolve -:

That won’t work as you are then missing the additional bundles.

Snapshot 1247 includes Zigbee 2.3.0.201804031815, and does not include any zsmartsystems bundles, so I am not yet running the split dongle version of the binding.

__  _____    ____      
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )     
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  | 
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /      
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/     
    /_/                        2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
                               Build #1247   

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown openHAB.

openhab> list |grep -i zig
243 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804031815     │ ZigBee Binding

I don’t follow. Why couldn’t they be downloaded and installed manually? I haven’t been able to locate them yet.

If so, then I don’t understand why you have the dependency issue - all the dependencies are in the single JAR if you’re using the old version.

You can - if you download the dependencies as well, then no problem at all.

The dependency issue occurs when I copy the jars I could find in Cloudbees into addons. I can’t find the zsmartsystems jars to manually download and install. In my searching, I haven’t found them in Cloudbees or JFrog.

Ok, but you shouldn’t need the separate JARs if you are not running the split binding version as you said above, as the separate JARs are included in the single JAR (ie - they aren’t separate :wink: ).

Try bintray.

1 Like

But I’m trying to run it! :slight_smile:

I found them now. Thank you!

Looking much better now…

openhab> list |grep -i zig
244 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.0.8                  │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
245 │ Active   │  80 │ 1.0.8                  │ com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
246 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804032001     │ ZigBee Binding
247 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804032001     │ ZigBee Ember Binding