Distributing bindings through the IoT Marketplace

Yes the number is definitely correct, copy-pasted from PaperUI.

Okay, that should be the Sony binding.

For the MISC part: my answer was not correct. If you need to install the market place addons it would go into the MISC part, a market place binding should go into the BINDING section …

That’s exactly what I am trying. The Market add-on is installed.

What’s the process for getting Marketplace bindings approved by moderators? I submitted my first binding using this guide a couple days ago, but it still says pending moderation. Do I need to ping a moderator to review? What criteria is used to determine if a submission gets approved?

btw my binding is submitted here: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/konnected-binding

Hey Nate! Thanks for the submission, please just be patient - the approval is done by the folks at the Eclipse Foundation and they do not seem to do it daily. Shouldn’t take more than a week, though, from my experience.

1 Like

Hi Tonny,

did your WARN message left after certain period of time? I have currently the same WARN message in my log

2018-09-23 17:50:24.258 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
2018-09-23 17:50:24.261 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Retrying again in a minute

Thanks

Happening to me also; even updated the Java Security files for US thinking it has to do with 256 encryption issue but that didn’t work either.

Best, Jay

1 Like

thanks for reporting this - i tried as well to replace the java security files, as some in this threat seemed to have success with this method.

Unfortunately not me - we obviously need to be patient.

Hi Martin.
Yeah, my warnings are gone. They disappeared after my re-install of OH2.

worked for me, thank you!

And now, my problem is back.
I will tryk to go to the Thread https://community.openhab.org/t/failed-downloading-marketplace-entries-received-fatal-alert-handshake-failure/52045/7

2018-10-04 17:09:06.470 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

2018-10-04 17:09:06.475 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Retrying again in a minute

2018-10-04 17:09:06.745 [WARN ] [arketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

@SpaceGlider were u able to install market binding via addons.cfg?

I don’t use PaperUI to configure my things. Everything is within configuration files. Make it very easy to reinstall and maintain.

@kai, is there any plan to support market binding installation from cfg file?

https://community.openhab.org/t/addon-cfg-load-market-binding/33723/14?u=sihui

1 Like

I added my binding for the Rachio Sprinkler system to the market place

but it doesn’t show up in the selection list within PaperUI.

Is there a step missing to publish? It’s online since May so can’t be a timing issue.

fyi: I’ll also post a binding for the Telekom Media Receiver (MagentaTV/EntertainTV) soon

1 Like

It could be in Paper UI you need set the maturity level to beta for market place. Or otherwise, if I remember correctly the license must EPL to be visible.

you are right, changing the license to EPL made it, now it’s visible. Thx

@markus7017 - I am attempting to install the Rachio Sprinkler Controller Binding from the Eclipse IoT Marketplace. However, I get the following error - “Bind cannot be installed. Error occurred installing a bundle” I looked at the openhab.log and the events.log and I see an error market:binding-4085090: Binding cannot be installed: Error occurred installing a bundle. I cannot find any additional information about what is failing or what packages to increase the logging level to see additional messages that might indicate the cause of the failure. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am using the paper UI / Add-ons to perform to installation.

hmm, didn’t saw this error before, but you can get the binding from my repo

Latest build: https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.rachio/blob/beta1/target/org.openhab.binding.rachio-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

If you want to receive events check the README and setup a reverse proxy.

This is the community discussion thread: Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller