Docker 2.4 to 2.5 zwave stick failing

Sure!

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"1"
binding="zwave,network,onkyo,unifi,astro,chromecast"

After the reboot is complete and you still have issues I would change that 1 to a 2 (stop OH first,:laughing:) clean cache, reboot and see what happens.

On openhabian I have L"35"

Make sense when you say it… changing the revision… but then you lost me :smiley: clear cache. ehm not sure how to do that. Though! fingers crossed… The stick has been alive almost 8 minutes now without any hickup. I saw another err in the openhab.log though relating to the new rule engine. But I am assuming something is configured wrong and or missing from my part.

2019-12-28 19:00:39.816 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.ephemeris          ] - bundle org.openhab.core.ephemeris:2.5.0 (143)[org.openhab.ephemeris(58)] : The activate method has thrown an exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant java.time.DayOfWeek.SATURDAY,SUNDAY

Stop OH and use sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

:+1:

That warning is nothing to worry about and will go away after you set your location info in PaperUI and restart OH a few times. Location really has nothing to do with it but I recomend setting it either way.

Oki Thx!
Thinking of maybe changing that revision. It doesnt complain anymore but it seems that something is still abit broken ish… I cant control any of the lights but I get no error… so I’ll try that revision change. still not sure how to apply the cache clean in the container

Did you try openhab-cli clean-cache ?

Wait I found this, great author as well.:rofl:

1 Like

I am not starting the container with bash possibility so I am not sure how to enter it to be honest.

haha! :sweat_smile: ok, then its more clear!.. I will change rev and clean the cache

1 Like

uhm, I dont really have a file to clear, there are a bunch of directories though under each of these dir’s.

/home/openhab/userdata/cache$ ls -lah
total 16K
drwxr-xr-x   4 openhab openhab 4.0K Dec 28 15:59 .
drwxr-xr-x  11 openhab openhab 4.0K Dec 28 15:56 ..
drwxr-xr-x 273 openhab openhab 4.0K Dec 28 18:59 org.eclipse.osgi
drwxr-xr-x   2 openhab openhab 4.0K Dec 28 15:59 org.openhab.voice.googletts

I have org.eclipse.osgi and a log in my cache. Here is the old way to clean cache and tmp (btw openhab-cli does both)

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/* && sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*

1 Like

hmm, so you do delete those. and I guess they are re-created after(?)
sounds abit scary, eventhough they are in cache and tmp directories

That are recreated when starting openHAB. The initial startup will take longer because of this.

2 Likes

Its safe to run and as @Bruce_Osborne mentioned above startup will be a bit slower.

Thanks for jumping in Bruce…Hard to keep up with trying to help 4 others at once.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

thankful for all the help!!

I deleted the files under that directory and started the container again. but I still cannot control anything via zwave. Strangely it seem to receive notifications from my temperature sensor so it’s not completely dead… and the zwave stick is not constantly restarting anymore :slight_smile: so its a step in the right direction

Maybe the Zwave device it’s self needs reset or a bit more time for everything to come back?

Possibly… Will shutdown it all once more and see.

@jr555se: Since openhab-cli clean-cache does not work with docker you may want to keep this command handy, as I had to dig a bit to find it.

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/* && sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*

Very helpful to use anytime OH starts acting weird or you see strange logs. It’s my first step in troubleshooting and for my system it’s usually the only needed.

1 Like

If you still cannot control the devices I would delete one of them from OH then rediscover it. Maybe that is all that’s needed for control but I would test with just one and do the rest if it works.

1 Like

yeah, I seem to be able to control now. Takes long time though so I think the mesh needs a reset which will happen tonight.
So, to recap all that was needed was to remove the reference to the old rest-doc in the addons file “/home/openhab/userdata/config/org/openhab”
then clean the cache and tmp directories which for me is:
“/home/openhab/userdata/tmp/” and “/home/openhab/userdata/cache/”

Hoping noone else gets my issues but just in case… :slight_smile:
Thank you @H102 and @Bruce_Osborne my family is happy now when its up again. Looking fwd to use the new and updated rule engine.
//JR

1 Like

Just to add a little bit if info. When you start a new container, it checks to see if the version of OH running is different than the version indicated in userdata/etc/version.properties. If they differ, the script will back up userdata and perform a clear the cache automatically before stressing OH. For a normal upgrade, manually clearing the cache would be redundant. However, because if the REST API issue, a separate clear the cache was necessary to deal with that. But it’s not usually required.

1 Like