Domitech DTA19 Smart LED Light - Turns off then state changes back to on

Hi folke’s,

I have a “Domitech DTA19 Smart LED Light” and noticed recently that when the device is either manually/automatically turned off, on it’s own or via the group, after a few seconds the state of the item switches back on, and then the group as well (if all other items are off) , but the light doesn’t actually switch back on, if I then turn the device off again, via basic wui/app it stays off and everything is fine.

This is affecting some of my other rules which will only say turn the lights on in the same room at a certain time of day and based on other environmental triggers like low lumen’s or motion but not if the group is already in a state of on.

I could trigger a second off for the item but that seems like a bit of a fudge so wondered if anybody has seen this behavior before and how to fix?

Appreciate any help.

  • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

  • Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)

  • Kernel: 4.9.35-v7+

  • Java: Zulu 1.8.0_152

  • Openhab: 2.4.0

  • Addons 1: 1.13.0

  • Addons 2: 2.4.0

  • Zwave Bundle:

Ok so I have captured the debug log and put it through the log viewer but to be honest Ive no idea whats going on, I only enabled debug after the light was on and then turned debug off after I sent one turn off command.

Items for device

Switch  GF_LV_ZW_Bulb_1 	"Console Lamp" 		<whites> 	(GF_Living)	[ "Lighting" ]	{ channel="zwave:device:15a3f07d3c5:node9:switch_multilevel" }
Dimmer  GF_LV_ZW_Bulb_1_lv 	"Level [%s]" 			<whites>	 	[ "Lighting" ]	{ channel="zwave:device:15a3f07d3c5:node9:switch_dimmer" }

For the time being Ive added an extra off update when the group goes off to hide the bad behaviour but would prefer to see if this can be fixed properly.



Try increasing the Command Polling interval in the Thing configuration. The light is likely dimming slowly to off, and the Command Polling occurs before it gets to zero.

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion I changed the polling value from 1500 to 7000 and that seems to have done the trick, all I have to do now is reduce the interval so that I don’t get as long a pause for the dimmer and device state but the underlying problem is cured.