DreamScreen TV binding

ok, I need to make that part of the official repo when initializing the PR
I checked it: In Germany you could still buy DS and I got mine a year ago or so

I created the PR. For this I had to base it on my repo - a fork from yourā€™s doesnā€™t work for this. I submitted the PR on behalf of you. Once merged you could delete your repo and switch to the official one.

DEV builds are available here:

1 Like

So is this right, there is an working binding to switch on or off the dreamscreen 4k ambilight controller ? But it was not in the openhab2 repo, so i cant install it right now ?

try this build, not sure if the discovery works. If not add the device manually with [+] from the Inbox. I use the binding for a long time already and works fine

Aloha! D8ahazard/digitalhigh here. Letā€™s chat. :smiley:

Hereā€™s the repo Iā€™m working out of, which is hopefully based on the branch your PR is from.

Iā€™ve started adding hooks to support all DS device types, including properly decoding the status packets.

I have updated the official DS docs with additional data and stored everything Iā€™ve got here:

And now, Iā€™d like to properly implement a discovery service so that all DS devices on a network are found, as Iā€™ve got 2 DSes, four sidekicks, and raspi running some custom software I wrote that imitates and uses the DS protocols to control hue and nanoleaf devices in sync.

Also, we need to add support for groups - which is basically just multicasting commands to all devices with a specific group ID.

Looking forward to talking with you - maybe thereā€™s some kind of chat app we can use for faster communication?

Please do not move on with this code base. As I said I used the wrong branch for the PR. The correct base has support for Sidekick as well as the discovery service
I send you a build by e-mail

Gotcha! And here Iā€™m already like halfway done writing my own discovery service. Good thing I decided to check back on this site. :smiley:

Give me some days. I need to dig in and select the correct branch. In addition we need to wait on the 2.5.9 release process. After that (I expect 20th Sep) the master branch will be switched to OH 3.0. There is no chance to get a PR in to 2.5.9, so letā€™s await that switch and then we could open a new PR. Iā€™ll update my private branch the next days and could share this one with you. So we could prepare the PR and then resume the existing one when the code base is switched.

@leaxi @nolan_garrett @zomed @Deltorohd @Ben_K
I brought the DreamScreen binding to 2.5.9, please give it a try.

The item types for mode, scene and input have changed (see README) to Strong values

This is an eraly build to integrate changes from the PR review. The binding will not go into 2.5.9, but there is a good chance to get it into 3.0.

Working much better here! Both of my sidekicks are now enumerated in the inbox.

A few notes -

Connect device ID is 6, I believe, and uses the same status structure as the Sidekick. Itā€™s a beta device, but I know a few people who have them, and my software can emulate one.

There isnā€™t technically ā€œpowerā€ for a dreamscreen device, just mode. 0=off, 1=video, etc. Not sure if this is by design so it can just be switched on/off, or if itā€™s a throwback from the initial design.

Also, DS ā€œgroupsā€ are an item that we might want to add. If you group several devices in the app (a DS, two sidekicks) for example, they will all have the same group ID. To control them as a group, you send a broadcast with the group ID and a specific flag.

Last, the color and brightness options? I can help implement those. I think color had placeholder but wasnā€™t done, and brightness was nonexistant. I have this mostly done already in my code base.

Overall though, very excellent work. Iā€™ll be forking the new code tonight and maybe submitting some PRā€™s once I get stuff sorted.