Dropbox Synchronization Service - up to date?

is the add on
Dropbox Synchronization Service
up to date?

I am using the latest version of Openhabian (openhab 2.3)
I installed the addon
Then I created a personalAccessToken as described in Openhab Doc
I entered the personalAccessToken in dropbox.cfg (the rest of configuration are left to default)

what I am seeing on frontail is:

2018-07-10 18:40:42.996 [INFO ] [b.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService] - #########################################################################################

2018-07-10 18:40:43.000 [INFO ] [b.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService] - # Starting auth using personal access token

2018-07-10 18:40:43.003 [INFO ] [b.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService] - #########################################################################################

then after making some changes in one rule, I got this:

2018-07-10 19:00:00.432 [WARN ] [al.DropboxService$SynchronizationJob] - Synchronizing data with Dropbox threw an exception

com.dropbox.core.DbxException$BadRequest: {"error": "v1_retired"}

at com.dropbox.core.DbxRequestUtil.unexpectedStatus(DbxRequestUtil.java:206) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient$6.handle(DbxClient.java:1343) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient$6.handle(DbxClient.java:1340) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxRequestUtil.finishResponse(DbxRequestUtil.java:300) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxRequestUtil.doPostNoAuth(DbxRequestUtil.java:293) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxRequestUtil.doPost(DbxRequestUtil.java:286) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient.doPost(DbxClient.java:1833) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at com.dropbox.core.DbxClient.getDelta(DbxClient.java:1340) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at org.openhab.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxSynchronizer.syncDropboxToLocal(DropboxSynchronizer.java:154) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at org.openhab.io.dropbox.internal.DropboxService$SynchronizationJob.execute(DropboxService.java:459) [214:org.openhab.io.dropbox:1.12.0]

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202) [107:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler:0.10.0.oh230]

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573) [107:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler:0.10.0.oh230]

I am confused, what is retired? the addon? or the Dropbox API itself?
Is the openhab doc up to date?
What is the solution?

See the updated README.

Thanks for the info.

It would be helpful for other users to update the official doc page: https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/dropbox/

That page will be eventually updated to match the readme. Not sure what the schedule is, but probably within 24 hours.

Can you please share the solution you applied? because both links don’t work and i get this message too after installing the Dropbox sync service

# Starting auth using personal access token

and it gets stuck there nothing happens no upload on the dropbox nothing,i even tried rebooting according to the instructions here : https://docs.openhab.org/v2.2/addons/ios/dropbox/readme.html which is supposed to show this on the log viewer i suppose

#########################################################################################
 # Dropbox-Integration: U S E R   I N T E R A C T I O N   R E Q U I R E D !!
 # 1. Open URL 'https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/_type=code'
 # 2. Allow openHAB to access Dropbox
 # 3. Paste the authorisation code here using the command 'dropbox:finishAuthentication "<token>"'
 ######################################################################################

do i have to upload manually the files ?

There is no dropbox synchronization service. It’s dead, Jim, because it was written for a version of the dropbox api that has been discontinued.