[SOLVED] Duplicate Field entries in openhab.log

Hello.

I see several duplicate field warnings in the openhab.log file. Restarting has not made any difference. Sample log entries below. Any idea where these duplicate entries are coming from?

2017-06-23 08:49:01.414 [WARN ] [.rule.jvmmodel.RulesJvmModelInferrer] - Duplicate field: ‘desiredFan’. Ignoring ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.items.StringItem’.
2017-06-23 08:49:01.536 [WARN ] [.rule.jvmmodel.RulesJvmModelInferrer] - Duplicate field: ‘lastModified’. Ignoring ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.items.DateTimeItem’.
2017-06-23 08:49:01.537 [WARN ] [.rule.jvmmodel.RulesJvmModelInferrer] - Duplicate field: ‘actualTemperature’. Ignoring ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.items.NumberItem’.
2017-06-23 08:49:01.541 [WARN ] [.rule.jvmmodel.RulesJvmModelInferrer] - Duplicate field: ‘actualHumidity’. Ignoring ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.items.NumberItem’.

The warning indicates you have at least two Items with the same name.

In other words, you have desiredFan, lastModified, actualTemperature, and actualHumidity defined twice. Each Item must have a unique name.

Look in your .items files and make sure they are only defined once.

Make sure you don’t have any other files that end with .items in your items folders. For example, myItems.items and old-myItems.items (a backup) will cause OH to load both files.

You cannot define the same Item in PaperUI and .items files. If you defined it in PaperUI first, you cannot define it again in a .items file.

Thanks for the quick response, Rich!

I do have a couple of files (eg: home.items, test.items) in the items directory. I’ll double check for duplicate fields in those files. Regarding Paper UI, I don’t recall creating any fields via Paper UI. Where would I go to check field definition in Paper UI?

Thanks!

PaperUI > Configuration > Items