Duplicate Things when manually adding things using text file config

I have a problem with manually adding ‘Things’ using the text file config.

I’m using OpenHAB v2.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3 and the latest ZWave binding from @chris. I’ve noticed that it’s only possible to manually configure Things using the development/SNAPSHOT binding and not the released version of the ZWave binding

Whenever I add a ZWave thing using the text file config, it shows up working and ‘ONLINE’ in my PaperUI overview - however, in my ‘Inbox’ I get an additional Thing that corresponds with the Thing I manually added in my text config.

To me it seems that this happens because the ‘ModelThing’ syntax is slightly different - however when I use the same UID that the device in my Inbox uses, the Thing does not show up as recognized or ‘Online’.

I’ll try to elaborate using some screenshots…

Snippet from my ‘home.things’ file :

// Meterkast - Metering cupboard
Bridge zwave:serial_zstick:controller       "GF_MeterCupboard_Controller_ZWave"     @   "Metering cupboard"   [ port="/dev/ttyACM0", heal_time= 1, controller_wakeupperiod=3600, controller_hardreset="false", controller_softreset="false", controller_master="true", heal_enable="true", security_networkkey="58 D8 BE 77 DA B5 75 9B 11 4B 2B CC 3F 8B AE 3D" ]

Thing zwave:fibaro_fgs221_02_001:node19     "GF_MeterCupboard_Switch_Switch1"   (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Metering cupboard"   [ node_id=19 ]
Thing zwave:reitz_duw064374_00_000:node29   "GF_MeterCupboard_Switch_Switch2"   (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Metering cupboard"   [ node_id=29 ]

// Hallway
Thing zwave:fibaro_fgs221_01_004:node10     "GF_Hallway_Switch"             (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Hall"            [ node_id=10 ]
Thing zwave:fibaro_fgd211_00_000:node8      "GF_Hallway_Dimmer_Dimmer1"     (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Hall"            [ node_id=8 ]
Thing zwave:fibaro_fgd211_00_000:node9      "GF_Hallway_Dimmer_Dimmer2"     (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Hall"            [ node_id=9 ]
Thing zwave:everspring_sm103_00_000:node22  "GF_Hallway_Sensor_OpenClose"   (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Hall"            [ node_id=22 ]

* Here you can see Zwave Node 9 (zwave:device:controller:node9) being automatically added to the OpenHAB inbox even after I have configured the Thing in my text file

* The ZWave node that I manually added using the .things file is correctly added to the list of Things; unfortunately the inbox shows the duplicate thing

Just to further clarify and ellaborate; when I change the manual Thing config to :

// Hallway
Thing zwave:device:controller:node9         "GF_Hallway_Dimmer_Dimmer2"     (zwave:serial_zstick:controller)    @ "Hall"            [ node_id=9 ] 

The additional Thing does not show up in my Inbox anymore and thereby solving part of the problem - however, when I do this the new Thing does not get recognized (see screenshots below)

I hope someone knows how to solve this issue…

I don’t think it’s possible to not have openHAB discover zwave things you manually added.