E3DC binding

Hey Jörg,

updated the link. Thanks for the hint.
Yeah, I know that code. It has some features around wallbox, etc. that I didn’t implement given that I don’t own that (so no testing possible).

Best,
Björn

Dear all.
Somehow I cannot make it work yet. I want to move from the modbus to this binding to control battery charge/discharge. I placed the files in the addon folder, in the addons.cfg file I added “e3dc” to the bindings. The logger tells me that e3dc cannot be found and is ignored.
I’m running oh3 (3.1.0-release) on a PI 4.

Hi @bjoernbrings,
I have a heatpump with an extra e3dc power meter (Leistungsmesser), how can I ad a channel ?
Or can you add the channels for this ?

Strange. Usually placing in the addon folder should be enough. Did you try to configure via UI?

Unfortunately those channels need to be added first in the binding & recompiled and as I didn’t have any usecase for that I didn’t add them.

@bjoernbrings Is that time consuming? Could you add them please Or how can I support you here?

Did not work for me either, Error is:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.e3dc [294]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

someone posted a solution for a different version:
scottrScott Radner

May 24

Exact same issue here. I was able to solve this temporarily by adding an explicit dependency in pom.xml

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.measure</groupId>
      <artifactId>unit-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

Just built the jar against the latest nightly (see first post; @Michael_Walter not sure what problem you had, didn’t have any issues to compile)

@vbbaby3
New channels are not too difficult, but given I couldn’t spot them easily in the RSCPTags file that will be likely the hardest part.
You could try to play with the function buildRequestFrame in E3DCRequest. You could play around with the buildFrame functions and see from the result in the debug logs which data you might be looking for.

Ah, sorry, I did not specify which version I used. I used @mal version of the binding, since I wanted to test out the power setting writing capabilities.

Experimented with RSCP for my E3DC quite some time ago, using @bvotteler’s routines. Amazing to see, that @bjoernbrings brought it to a binding. I’m very curious to test it, however I got the same problem:

2021-10-22 14:27:52.875 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.e3dc-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.e3dc [236]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

Will try the proposed solution with pom.xml next…

@bjoernbrings Thank you very much for your contribution! Are you planning to continue working on this binding? I noticed that an RSCP adapter has been released recently for ioBroker. Maybe you can use some of its code as a reference to make new progress?

I updated the binding and pushed it to the Marketplace.

One question to this binding:
I installed it from the marketplace.
grafik

But I do not see any “things”:

• I cannot configure the binding over the GUI.
    grafik
  • There is no CFG-File created in the conf\services-directory.
    grafik
  • Under “discover” there is no E3DC-Binding…

How do I get this binding to work?

Thanks
Elle4u

Today I finally updated from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0 and was able to install the binding from @mal - Thank you Marco for creating it and working on this!

@Elle4u
After installing this binding from Community Marketplace, go to Things and click the plus button in the bottom right corner. Then you can choose “E3DC Binding (beta)” from that list.

@mal
Although I was able to install it without problems, it does not look like the item values are updated automatically. I tried different settings for Update Interval (5, 10, 20, 60), but even waiting for multiple minutes does not change the values. Only if I save the configuration after a while again, the values are updated immediately. What could be wrong here?

And an additional regarding the authentification settings. Your binding requires the online account credentials. Does this mean that the binding requires an internet connection to access the data from the S10? Based on what I’ve read about the original Eba-M/E3DC-Control, it should also be possible to use the local user data for local.user and a password set in the S10 settings. Why is this local option not used in the binding?

Hi,
great initiative!
I updated to 3.3.0-snapshot and added the capability to poll history values on an hourly basis:

Hello everyone,

it’s great to see that you guys are working on adding the E3/DC products to OpebHab using the RSCP interface!

I would also be interested in the feature @MathiasK asked for in order to take advantage of the “spot prices” my electricity provider offers (charge some amount during night time when/if prices are considerably lower than at peak times).

Thank you for your work so far! :ok_hand:

Best,
Josh

Hi and thank you for your hard work!
Im a little bit confused which binding to use…
Björns or Marcos.

With Marcos i have the problem, that i dont see it under discover as @Elle4u described it. With OH 3.2 it was working fine. Now with 3.3 its not working anymore.
And with Björns… Should i use the file 3.2?

Any hints?

Cherrs
Chris

is anyone still working on this binding? Thanks

@mal built an enhanced version - please look in the other thread: E3DC Binding (beta) - #14 by mal

Regarding the ‘discovery problem’ I would download the jar file and place it in the ‘addons’ directory. Should work right away.