E3DC binding

Hey Jörg,

updated the link. Thanks for the hint.
Yeah, I know that code. It has some features around wallbox, etc. that I didn’t implement given that I don’t own that (so no testing possible).

Best,
Björn

Dear all.
Somehow I cannot make it work yet. I want to move from the modbus to this binding to control battery charge/discharge. I placed the files in the addon folder, in the addons.cfg file I added “e3dc” to the bindings. The logger tells me that e3dc cannot be found and is ignored.
I’m running oh3 (3.1.0-release) on a PI 4.

Hi @bjoernbrings,
I have a heatpump with an extra e3dc power meter (Leistungsmesser), how can I ad a channel ?
Or can you add the channels for this ?

Strange. Usually placing in the addon folder should be enough. Did you try to configure via UI?

Unfortunately those channels need to be added first in the binding & recompiled and as I didn’t have any usecase for that I didn’t add them.

@bjoernbrings Is that time consuming? Could you add them please Or how can I support you here?

Did not work for me either, Error is:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.e3dc [294]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

someone posted a solution for a different version:
scottrScott Radner

May 24

Exact same issue here. I was able to solve this temporarily by adding an explicit dependency in pom.xml

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.measure</groupId>
      <artifactId>unit-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

Just built the jar against the latest nightly (see first post; @Michael_Walter not sure what problem you had, didn’t have any issues to compile)

@vbbaby3
New channels are not too difficult, but given I couldn’t spot them easily in the RSCPTags file that will be likely the hardest part.
You could try to play with the function buildRequestFrame in E3DCRequest. You could play around with the buildFrame functions and see from the result in the debug logs which data you might be looking for.

Ah, sorry, I did not specify which version I used. I used @mal version of the binding, since I wanted to test out the power setting writing capabilities.

Experimented with RSCP for my E3DC quite some time ago, using @bvotteler’s routines. Amazing to see, that @bjoernbrings brought it to a binding. I’m very curious to test it, however I got the same problem:

2021-10-22 14:27:52.875 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.e3dc-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.e3dc [236]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure; version="[1.0.0,2.0.0)"

Will try the proposed solution with pom.xml next…