Easiest way to ZIGBEE!

LOL yes I thought the same thing when I looked at their price break down and warnings of electrocution. But in times of chip shortages, long shipping times and someone may already have a USB coordinator laying around and an old phone charger, it is possible to get something going with what you have on hand.

The Ikea/Tradfi ones are reported as working with Aqara and should be available world wide with safety certifications.

The issue is that if one day you want to use X device on your network and it does not play nice with aqara and acts as a router, then you may run into issues which can be very hard to prove and fault find. Easier to plan ahead and limit how many devices you purchase which are known to break zigbee standards.

after many tests i got all my aqara devices join back to my xiaomi gateway…there they work fine and the range is unbelievable…I only use sonoff sensors with my zigbee network.I can find them very cheap here in Greece,half the price from the aqara ones.One thing i noticed with the sonoff motion sensors and contacts is that after some hours without using them ,they go to “sleep mode” and i see them as offline at MainUi.They come up Online immediately if i use them back.