[eBUS 2.0] New binding - Release Candidate 7b

Ok, i´ve just reinstalled the binding, downloaded it again - and it it online! :slight_smile:

Now let´s try to get Data from my Vaillant VWL 61/3.

Ah, good to know. Good luck.

Do you know if somebody has a VWS Heat Pumpe running with OH? Are config files available for OH?

I’m just starting with OpenHab so sorry if answers to my questions are obvious.

When I’m starting OH I get following errors:
2017-12-03 17:24:38.968 [INFO ] [.binding.ebus.internal.EBusDiscovery] - Start eBUS discovery service …
2017-12-03 17:24:39.715 [ERROR] [ion.EBusSerialNRJavaSerialConnection] - Unable to connect to serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
2017-12-03 17:24:39.720 [ERROR] [ion.EBusSerialNRJavaSerialConnection] - Unable to connect to serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
2017-12-03 17:24:39.722 [WARN ] [de.csdev.ebus.core.EBusController ] - Retry to connect to eBUS adapter in 5 seconds …
2017-12-03 17:24:39.783 [INFO ] [hab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Initialize eBUS pollings for ebus:bai:5e0260e0 …
2017-12-03 17:24:42.403 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
2017-12-03 17:24:42.646 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
2017-12-03 17:24:42.896 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
2017-12-03 17:24:44.768 [ERROR] [ion.EBusSerialNRJavaSerialConnection] - Unable to connect to serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
2017-12-03 17:24:44.770 [WARN ] [de.csdev.ebus.core.EBusController ] - Retry to connect to eBUS adapter in 10 seconds …
2017-12-03 17:24:47.962 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Stopped HABPanel
2017-12-03 17:24:48.014 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Stopped Paper UI
2017-12-03 17:24:48.084 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Stopped Basic UI
2017-12-03 17:24:54.779 [ERROR] [ion.EBusSerialNRJavaSerialConnection] - Unable to connect to serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
2017-12-03 17:24:54.784 [WARN ] [de.csdev.ebus.core.EBusController ] - Retry to connect to eBUS adapter in 15 seconds …

I used the same USB with ebusd and there was no issue.

Can I change simple settings like Desired Flow Temperature on boiler without controller ?

Hello,

next and maybe last Alpha is available. More information tomorrow.

Hi Christian,

just a quick small feedback, “unresolved telegram ratio” is still reversed and display “resolved telegram ratio” instead.

Hi Guys,

I will currently take a break from this project. But the binding is already very stable and must now be transferred to the official release. I hope I find time to do this after Christmas.

But I’m still watching this thread and try to help, still no further development for the next time.

Hi, can I change flow temp or hot water temp (without having controller) with this binding ?

Hi csowade,

it’s very sad that you stop developing this binding, but you did a great job so far. Thank you for that. One favor i want you to ask for is if you can please update the changelog for alpha 15 to make a clear cut, that would be nice! Thank you!

Yes, I will add the change log. And it’s only a break for a while. And I thing that all required features are available. We simply need more Jason configurations. So I need time for the documentation, maybe someone will help.

Could you give us details on your installation? Model?

I have a Vaillant 226/5-3 with simple on/off controller. I’m connecting with ebus module from german forum and ftdi usb. Currently to change flow temperature or storage temperature I have to do this on the boiler. Is this something that can be controlled from OH2 ?

Hallo Peter. Ich bin auch im FHEM Forum und habe dort den 1.6 Adapter einwandfrei am laufen. Mit Openhab bekomme ich den Adpater zwar Online (üver localhost:8888) aber es kommen keine Daten an (schon in der Bridge nicht). Wie hast du das hinbekommen?
Grüße

Thanks again for your awesome work ! Really appreciate your effort here !

Regarding the additionnal telegram in json, I need to fix my coupler issue first, and esera support is not helping much, so I will try the FHEM coupler to determine if the issue is on the coupler or on the boiler, that will take some weeks before being in position to go back to the pleasure of telegram decoding.

Here the missing change log.

Alpha 0.0.15 (2017-12-04)

Features:

• add support for global templates in json configuration files
  • clean-up source code
  • enhance documentation

Bugfixes:

• smaller bug fixes

Configurations:

• add device Vaillant VC206
  • change Vaillant VRC430/470 label Outside temperature
    to to Controller Datetime
  • add Vaillant BAI datetime, setopdataand getopdata

Hi, where can i find the json config files?

You can find the buildin configurations here:

and the community repository for new and chaged configuration here:

@csowada, did you have a chance to check #252 ?

Hi Christian,

i´m willing to help you and build a custom config file for Vaillant geoTherm VWL 61/3.
But first, i don´t get it how to get the config files in OpenHab.

What link should I use for config file?

The way I did it was to make a copy of one of a file (vaillant-bai00-configuration.json) with a different name, edit the id and the label to make a new items:

"id": "custombai",
"label": "Vaillant Custom BAI00",

Then in the binding configuration, I added a local link with:
file:///etc/openhab2/custom-vaillant-bai00-configuration.json