[eBUS 2.0] New binding - Release Candidate 7b

Hello @lukics,

sorry, no

First: Thank you for the great work and the nice binding.

Maybe I was my fault but I had great issues installing the binding (this is maybe for everyone who have the same problems):
After trying to install it through the market or by the kar-file, the binding did not show up in the list. After inspecting the logs there was a bit more of clearness: Something was missing. After I installed the ebus-core/ebus-config jar-files from the other GitHub-Sources everything was fine. I found no “dependency”-documentation on the binding’s GitHub for this. This might have been helpful to know before…

Anyway I have now another issue, I hope there is a chance someone can help. I do not get any output from my Wolf SM1-Ebus device. I have the following outputs for smarthome:ebus devices:

MA | SA | Identifier     | Device         | Manufacture               | ID | Firmware   | Hardware   | Last Activity
---+----+----------------+----------------+----------------------+----+------------+------------+---------------------
FF | 04 |                | <interface>    | eBUS Library              |    | null       | null       | ---
71 | 76 | 01 15 00 00 01 | ---            | G. Kromschröder AG        | 50 | 2.27       | null       | Fri Sep 21 09:48:00 CEST 2018
07 | 0C |                | ---            | null                      |    | null       | null       | Thu Sep 20 22:42:52 CEST 2018
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from log output this:

09:22:36.087 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - eBus_rx changed from 20358 to 20362
09:22:36.111 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - eBus_fail changed from 10271 to 10273
09:22:36.135 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - EBUSBridge_Metrics_ResolvedTelegrams changed from 20336 to 20340
09:22:36.800 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - eBUS telegram error; No response from slave! AA [ERROR: NO_SLAVE_RESPONSE, DATA: 71 30 50 23 09 B0 F4 02 00 04 5D 01 00 00 80]
09:22:40.063 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - eBUS telegram error; No response from slave! AA [ERROR: NO_SLAVE_RESPONSE, DATA: 71 30 50 23 09 B0 F4 02 00 04 5D 01 00 00 80]
09:22:44.799 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - Received telegram from address 71 to FE with command solar.solar_yield
09:22:44.826 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - No handler has accepted the command solar.solar_yield from 71 to FE ...
09:22:48.055 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - Received telegram from address 71 to FE with command solar.solar_yield
09:22:48.081 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - No handler has accepted the command solar.solar_yield from 71 to FE ...
09:22:59.729 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - Received telegram from address 71 to FE with command solar.solar_data
09:22:59.760 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - No handler has accepted the command solar.solar_data from 71 to FE ...
09:23:03.055 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - Received telegram from address 71 to FE with command solar.solar_data
09:23:03.080 [DEBUG] [inding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - No handler has accepted the command solar.solar_data from 71 to FE ...

Is it my configuration or is there still something missing? Thank you in advance for any help!

Really strange, the kar file above also includes the jar file. So you should remove all ebus binding stuff from addons and market and restart you oh server. After a restart you can copy the kar file to the addon folder. If you type bundle:list on your console you should see three ebus bundles. But maybe it is not so important for now, but keep this in mind for later.

But in general the binding is working and it receives solar data. Normally the auto discovery should show you all recognized devices in PaperUI. If not just create a SM1 device manually with slave address 76.

Thank you so much for this quick reply!

Oh, I tried that because the documentation/some other users was/were giving me the order. But for me only the kar-package was not working in add-ons folder. You’re right, maybe I will try it again later.

The manual creating of the SM1-device did the trick! Now I got some values. Later I will check the correctness with the connected Wolf BM :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for now!

Hello @_tom,

I’ve checked the Eclipse Smarthome sources and they changed several classes, so this binding is not compatible anymore with latest snapshots (2.4). Not a big thing, but this also happend with the 2.3 release. It is sad that a binding is only compatible to a specific version. Too many API breaking changes without deprecation warnings :frowning:

This is really bad, especially from a developer’s point of view.
That’s the price to pay for bleeding edge open source technology, I guess.

hi All,
autumn is coming, more time for ebus stuff :slight_smile:
I want to get back to my post #457 above ([eBUS 2.0] New binding - Alpha 22) which is about non working DWH mode setting (at least for me).
I made upgrade to latest version (v22) and problem still occurs but it is not surprising to me as it never worked before. I even think there is nothing wrong with binding as command sent is OK and other functions work properly using all in all same mechanism (for example very similar setting about heating mode: on/summer, etc works fine). There may be something on the VRC470 (maybe version) or else.
I’m looking for someone with similar problem to find similarities to know where to focus in resolution.

I know @csowada you have another things on your head including 2.4 compatibility, but maybe you can direct me what kind of debug to collect to identify potential problems?

Hello All,

I’ve update my IDE and fixed the openhab 2.4 issue. The latest Alpha 23 should work on oh 2.3 and 2.4. I’m still on 2.3, so I’ve not checked the latest version. But the fix was easy, so I guess it works.

248 │ Active   │  80 │ 0.9.18.SNAPSHOT        │ eBUS library configuration
249 │ Active   │  80 │ 0.9.18.SNAPSHOT        │ eBUS core library
250 │ Waiting  │  80 │ 2.4.0.201807101913     │ eBUS Binding

Did you comment lines 149-155 here on purpose?

I tried the new version and get the following errors:

[WARN ] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - FrameworkEvent WARNING - org.openhab.binding.ebus
org.osgi.framework.ServiceException: org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService() returned a null service object
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.factoryGetService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:232) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.getService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:111) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceConsumer$2.getService(ServiceConsumer.java:45) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:508) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:461) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:624) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.metatype.internal.ManagedServiceTracker.addingService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:52) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:941) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:870) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:901) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:920) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:469) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:891) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:877) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:128) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:944) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:727) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:661) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:427) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:665) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:339) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:381) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:49) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:263) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:196) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:169) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:49) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:482) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:415) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:908) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:213) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:120) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:112) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:168) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:476) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:467) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:402) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BundleInstallSupportImpl.startBundle(BundleInstallSupportImpl.java:161) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.startBundle(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1116) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:997) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1025) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:964) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) ~[?:?]
[ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.ebus            ] - bundle org.openhab.binding.ebus:2.4.0.201807101913 (250)[org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProvider(446)] : The activate method has thrown an exception
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.type.ChannelGroupType.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/smarthome/core/thing/type/ChannelGroupTypeUID;ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/List;)V from class org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProviderImpl
	at org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProviderImpl.createChannelGroupDefinition(EBusTypeProviderImpl.java:146) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProviderImpl.updateCollection(EBusTypeProviderImpl.java:431) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProviderImpl.update(EBusTypeProviderImpl.java:352) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProviderImpl.updateConfiguration(EBusTypeProviderImpl.java:476) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.ebus.thing.EBusTypeProviderImpl.activate(EBusTypeProviderImpl.java:97) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:228) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:41) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:664) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:510) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.ActivateMethod.invoke(ActivateMethod.java:317) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.ActivateMethod.invoke(ActivateMethod.java:307) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createImplementationObject(SingleComponentManager.java:334) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createComponent(SingleComponentManager.java:114) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:947) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getServiceInternal(SingleComponentManager.java:919) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:741) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:661) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:427) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:665) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:339) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:381) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:49) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:263) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:196) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:169) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:49) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:482) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:415) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) ~[?:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:908) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:213) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:120) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:112) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:168) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:476) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:467) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:402) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BundleInstallSupportImpl.startBundle(BundleInstallSupportImpl.java:161) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.startBundle(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1116) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:997) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1025) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:964) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Hello @_tom,

the release date of the jar is wrong. It must be the previous version. But maybe it is not correct build from my side, I’ll check it now.

Hello @_tom,

There was maybe an issue with the last build. I’m not sure, but I’ve replaced the last release. Could you please download the file again and replace it. If it still not work, please remove the kar file and restart the server. After a restart you can add the new kar file. Or you must remove the bundle via console.

Thanks, @csowada, the binding is now working again!

Auto-discovery works, but when adding things or opening them in PaperUI I always get errors (500). No channels are listed either. I have a Wolf CGS-20/160 and a command module BM, the detected devices are:

MA | SA | Identifier     | Device         | Manufacture               | ID | Firmware   | Hardware   | Last Activity
---+----+----------------+----------------+----------------------+----+------------+------------+---------------------
FF | 04 |                | <interface>    | eBUS Library              |    | null       | null       | ---
10 | 15 | 01 18 00 00 00 | ---            | G. Kromschröder AG        | 50 | 2.04       | null       | Mon Sep 24 21:32:29 CEST 2018
30 | 35 | 01 18 00 00 00 | ---            | G. Kromschröder AG        | 50 | 2.04       | null       | Mon Sep 24 21:42:46 CEST 2018
03 | 08 | 01 06 33 42 02 | ---            | G. Kromschröder AG        | 50 | null       | 51.3       | Mon Sep 24 21:42:26 CEST 2018
F1 | F6 | 01 18 00 00 00 | ---            | G. Kromschröder AG        | 50 | 2.04       | null       | Mon Sep 24 21:42:44 CEST 2018
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MA = Master Address / SA = Slave Address / ID = Manufacture ID

I already tried removing the things (only possible through karaf, doesn’t work with PaperUI), restarting openhab & reinstalling the binding.
These are my parsers:

parsers=common,wolf-cgb2,wolf-cgb2_hc,_wolf,_wolf-test,_wolf-35

The log shows some errors - repeated for every value the binding receives:

[DEBUG] [nding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - eBUS telegram error; Received SYN byte while receiving telegram! [ERROR: INVALID_SYN, DATA: 10 03 05 07 09 55 05 50 00 00 80 FF 64 FF 96 00 F5 AA]
[DEBUG] [nding.ebus.handler.EBusBridgeHandler] - Received telegram from address F1 to FE with command auto_stroker.op_data_bc2tc_b1
[DEBUG] [hab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Handle received command by thing eBUS Standard (F6) with id ebus:std:90c73532:F6 ...
[DEBUG] [hab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Unable to find the channel with channelUID std_auto-stroker_op-data-bc2tc-b1#state-valve2

So it seems that somehow no channels are created.

This is the error related to the Rest API 500 error:

[DEBUG] [io.rest.JSONResponse$ExceptionMapper] - exception during REST Handling
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.core.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource.convertToChannelGroupDefinitionDTOs(ThingTypeResource.java:230) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.core.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource.convertToThingTypeDTO(ThingTypeResource.java:203) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.core.internal.thing.ThingTypeResource.getByUID(ThingTypeResource.java:168) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory$1.invoke(ResourceMethodInvocationHandlerFactory.java:81) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher$1.run(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:144) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.invoke(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:161) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider$ResponseOutInvoker.doDispatch(JavaResourceMethodDispatcherProvider.java:160) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.internal.AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.dispatch(AbstractJavaResourceMethodDispatcher.java:99) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.invoke(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:389) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:347) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.model.ResourceMethodInvoker.apply(ResourceMethodInvoker.java:102) ~[169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime$2.run(ServerRuntime.java:326) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271) [168:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267) [168:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315) [168:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297) [168:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:267) [168:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:317) [168:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-common:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ServerRuntime.process(ServerRuntime.java:305) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.server.ApplicationHandler.handle(ApplicationHandler.java:1154) [169:org.glassfish.jersey.core.jersey-server:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:473) [166:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:427) [166:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:388) [166:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:341) [166:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:228) [166:org.glassfish.jersey.containers.jersey-container-servlet-core:2.22.2]
	at com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.publisher.internal.ServletContainerBridge.service(ServletContainerBridge.java:76) [20:com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.publisher:5.3.1.201602281253]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:865) [85:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:535) [85:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71) [183:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:7.2.3]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:146) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548) [82:org.eclipse.jetty.security:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:257) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:255) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1317) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:293) [183:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:7.2.3]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:203) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473) [85:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:201) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1219) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:144) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80) [183:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:7.2.3]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:531) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:352) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:260) [84:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:281) [75:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:102) [75:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:118) [75:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:762) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:680) [87:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.4.11.v20180605]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Hi again,

how does the polling function work? I don’t get any answere and also it seems there are not all of my channels really polled. I got only this output after setting the “poll all channels” attribute of my Wolf SM1-Thing to 60 sec:

00:01:19.175 [INFO] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent    ] - Thing 'ebus:sm1:580c9220' has been updated.
00:01:19.203 [INFO ] [nhab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Register polling for "solar.temp_collector" every 60 sec. (initil delay 6 sec.)
00:01:19.212 [ERROR] [b.binding.ebus.internal.EBusLibClient] - Unable to find command method GET solar.solar_yield sm1 !
00:01:19.220 [INFO ] [nhab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Unable to create raw polling telegram for "solar.solar_yield" !
00:01:19.227 [ERROR] [b.binding.ebus.internal.EBusLibClient] - Unable to find command method GET solar.solar_yield sm1 !
00:01:19.234 [INFO ] [nhab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Unable to create raw polling telegram for "solar.solar_yield" !
00:01:25.188 [INFO ] [nhab.binding.ebus.handler.EBusHandler] - Poll command "ebus:sm1:580c9220:sm1_solar_temp-collector#temp-collector" with "FF 76 50 22 03 CC 2A 0A 78" ...

The strange thing: I’m sure this has been working for a short period of time, but after a reset of OH I am stucked at the point above. Only broadcast messages are resolved and displayed.

Any tips for me?

PS: I’ve found out the source of my installation problems: the kar-file could not be extracted because of a permission problem. After chown the kar-file to openhab everything works perfect without any installation of the eBus core lib or further… Strange that this solved my problem previously. Maybe there was something cached of the installation through the market?? Such a newbie fault…

Could you please temp. remove the ebus.cfg file. It is not needed for the 2.x binding. Please add your parser with Paper Ui.

Hi, is there a way to change Calormatic (VRC470 in my case) time using this binding? in read mode it works great, but after power outage the actual time is lost (resulting e.g. in DHW being cold before shower) and I’m detecting it nicely in rules to remember to change it manually but I’d like to set it up automatically by script.

I tried to change it in PaperUI manually but seems changes are not reflected by Calormatic and I don’t know whether eBUS can at all write to this area?

Hello,

Today I upgraded to milestone build 2.4.0 M4-1 and I replaced the kar (coming from 21) to 23.
The binding kept polling (seen in log), but no items were updated.

Then I removed all things, added the bridge again and successfully discovered my Vaillant 470f and Vaillant BAI and added them (all through Paper UI).

The things are reported as online but there are no channels available.
The paper UI is empty below the “current firmware version”, and also through REST there are no channels available.

Any ideas?

Hello All,

current Alpha 23 is not working with OH 2.4 !

The changes in ESH are more than expected. So I have to change several things and this costs time and is not backward compatible. Maybe I find time tomorrow.

A new version for OH 2.4 is available. This version is not compatible with versions below 2.4, but there is nothing new for older releases.

Everything works again!
Great work as always!

Thanks