eBUS Binding 3.x [3.4.0;3.9.9)

I also receive an error

2023-09-12 16:38:27.169 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.ebus-4.0.18.jar
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: de.csdev.ebus.cfg; version="[1.1.0,2.0.0)"
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) ~[?:?]

Hi, I installed the latest kar from the first post and confirm it’s working with 4.0.3. It throws however lots of warnings for me every 30s (4.0.18-1 SNAPSHOT didn’t do it on 4.0.2). Not sure it’s environmental or maybe something which was introduced. Can I suppress it somehow not to suppress all warnings?

2023-09-14 19:04:39.537 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler EBusBridgeHandler of thing ebus:bridge:4e71d8b411 tried updating channel metrics#failedRatio although the handler was already disposed.
2023-09-14 19:04:39.543 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler EBusBridgeHandler of thing ebus:bridge:4e71d8b411 tried updating channel metrics#unresolvedRatio although the handler was already disposed.
2023-09-14 19:05:09.549 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler EBusBridgeHandler of thing ebus:bridge:4e71d8b411 tried updating channel metrics#receivedTelegrams although the handler was already disposed.
2023-09-14 19:05:09.556 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler EBusBridgeHandler of thing ebus:bridge:4e71d8b411 tried updating channel metrics#failedTelegrams although the handler was already disposed.
2023-09-14 19:05:09.561 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler EBusBridgeHandler of thing ebus:bridge:4e71d8b411 tried updating channel metrics#resolvedTelegrams although the handler was already disposed.
2023-09-14 19:05:09.566 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler EBusBridgeHandler of thing ebus:bridge:4e71d8b411 tried updating channel metrics#unresolvedTelegrams although the handler was already disposed.

The “.jar" file is the wrong one, you need the ".kar” file as it includes the missing bundles.

I think that the bundle refresh was not complete. You should try to remove it again, server restart, maybe clear cache.

1 Like

Here in my clean Windows OpenHAB 4.0.3 environment it works without any issue.

I’ve optimized the build structure a bit, but is should not make a big difference to the last release.

2 Likes

This one works for me, .18 did not with 4.0.3

It also works for me but I get the following warning in the log:

2023-09-14 22:46:59.885 [WARN ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Can't load features repository mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.ebus/4.0.19-SNAPSHOT/xml/features

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error resolving artifact org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.ebus:xml:features:4.0.19-SNAPSHOT: [Could not find artifact org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.ebus:xml:features:4.0.19-SNAPSHOT] : mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.ebus/4.0.19-SNAPSHOT/xml/features

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryImpl.load(RepositoryImpl.java:121) ~[?:?]

Can I simply ignore it?

I confirm it works with 4.0.3 but also .18 did work (suddenly stopped though after one restart and couldn’t get it working anymore)

I confirmed too early. After about 5-7min it crashed… stopped reporting anything. Will try to investigate

not sure what happened with my system, regular restart and .19 SNAPSHOT kar, I got errors about serial transport not resolved, so I installed again serial binding (it was not there for some reason), now the error is:

2023-09-24 13:17:15.395 [ERROR] [Events.Framework                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.ebus [251]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: de.csdev.ebus.cfg; version="[1.1.0,2.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:1847) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:136) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1840) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1783) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1745) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1667) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:345) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

openhab> bundle:list | grep eBUS
251 │ Installed │  80 │ 3.4.16                 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: eBUS Binding
openhab> bundle:list | grep ebus
312 │ Active    │  80 │ 0                      │ wrap_file__var_lib_openhab_tmp_kar_org.openhab.binding.ebus-3.4.16_org_lastnpe_eea_eea-all_2.2.1_eea-all-2.2.1.jar

Don’t want to rollback to .18 (not even sure that would work), prefer solve issues with the latest .19 SNAPSHOT kar. What can I check/do now?

btw: what is the difference between ebus binding and ebus multi binding? I have the first one installed, the other one looks like exactly the kar file posted above? is this the same? can I install from the marketplace instead of manual placing .kar file?

Hi @csowada,

after having serious problem with .18, the .19 works here also very well on OH4.0.3. May I ask another questions?

1. Where can I configure the individual urls for external configurations? I don’t find that option, as the binding seems not to be visible in the openhab UI…

Background for that questions is that we wolf-cwl-configuration.json has four bugs (if I don’t oversee something):

{   
            "label":    "Fan Step 0",
            "id":       "ac.fan_step0",

"get": {
                "command": "40 50",
                "master": [
                    {"type": "static", "default": "21"}
                ],
                "slave": [
                    {"name": "fan_step0", "type": "uint", "label":"Current Value", "reverseByteOrder": true, "format":"%4dm³/h"},   
                    {"name": "min", "type": "uint", "label":"Minimum", "reverseByteOrder": true, "format":"%4dm³/h"},   
                    {"name": "max", "type": "uint", "label":"Maximum", "reverseByteOrder": true, "format":"%4dm³/h"},   
                    {"name": "stp", "type": "uint", "label":"Step", "reverseByteOrder": true, "format":"%4dm³/h"},   
                    {"name": "fac", "type": "uint", "label":"Factory Default", "reverseByteOrder": true, "format":"%4dm³/h"}
                ]
            },
            "set": {
                "command": "40 80",
                "master": [
                    {"type": "static", "default": "21"},
                    {"name": "cur", "type": "uint", "label":"Current Value", "reverseByteOrder": true, "min": 0, "max": 50, "step": 50, "format":"%4dm³/h"}   
                ]
            }
        },

The fact that the getter and the setter have different names (fan_step0 vs.“cur”) blocks that the value can be written. Same problems exists for ac.fan_step1, ac.fan_step2 and ac.fan_step3.

Thanks for a feedback…

You go to Settings → Things → the blue plus at the bottom right → ebus Binding click on the gear …

1 Like

Thanks, appreciated @Tallman I try tonight.

Other question / observation: After restart of openhab, the v4.0.19-01 binding is not recognized all the time. A simple touch on the car files solves that issue. Does anyone also observe that?

what do you mean by ‘simple touch on the car files’?

Hi @witek_1308,

sorry, combination of autocorrection and bad wording. To be precise, I mean:

• After restarting openhab, the binding is not recognized.
  • The binding is recognized when I execute the following command:
touch /usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.ebus-4.0.19-SNAPSHOT.kar

Hey @Tallman, tried it, may be I am too stupid but I don’t get it. I follow your path but don’t have any gear here…

Also when clocking on the binding, there is no gear… Sorry!

Don’t know why but still can’t make it working with either .18 or .19 SNAPSHOT on 4.0.3 (sometimes it does starts and loads values but then keeps them without update). The only working thing is time from VRC from some reason

I don’t see it either and have couple of files to be added too. Maybe this is my problem why I can’t make it working with 4.0.3…

Did you try to clean cache of OH and restart OH again after it once finished full startup? This sometimes worked for me.
Also folder and file owner and permission of ebus.kar are accessible to OH? Sometimes I forget about that :slight_smile: