eBUS Binding 3.x [3.4.0;3.9.9)

same problem here, also with 3.1.0.M3…

Mh, thought that was fixed in the last version. I hope I’ll find time tomorrow to check it.

With openHAB 3.1 the Apache Commons Lang 2.6 lib is missing. Please download and add the jar file into the Addons folder. After a restart it should work.

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar

@csowada
i can confirm that your solution works with the Apache Commons. Thank’s for your quick help. :+1:

i upgrade to OP3.
after i edit the Configuration URL for my

39200.15.392_configuration.json

i can’t found it in my e-bus Thing List.
is there a bug in the new Version?

20:43:34.172 [INFO ] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - Load custom 'url1' configuration file 'file:///etc/openhab/ebus-config-new/vaillant/39200.15.392_configuration.json' ...
20:43:34.210 [ERROR] [.internal.things.EBusTypeProviderImpl] - Error on loading configuration by url: Unable to find a template for id vaillant.templ.temp! [ URL: file:/etc/openhab/ebus-config-new/vaillant/39200.15.392_configuration.json ]

Hi @Trainer, i think your config file has a wrong template block entry.
For example:
{“name”:“Hc2ManualOPRoomTempDesired”,“type”:“template”,“label”:“room setpoint in operation mode manual of the second heating circuit”,“id”:“vaillant.templ.temp1”}

39200.15.392_configuration.json (36.9 KB)

i use the same *.json file as in my old openhab version.

do i have to change it for the new OP3?

Can you please take a look in my file.

Hi,
can you also share your template file and your index file or binding configuration.

index-configuration.json (931 Bytes) vaillant_template.json (13.2 KB)

i didn’t use the index file. i use only the 392*.json File

i also find a problem.
the warning message

file:/etc/

but i use this link:

file:///etc/

is there perhaps a mistake?

I installed the new eBus adapter 3 and connected by Wifi.
The green light is constantly flashing, so data is received.
The Wifi is working fine. I can address the adapter by its IP.
The result is:

eBUS adapter 3

Build: 20201122
ebusd device string: enh:192.168.8.xxx:9999
WiFi signal: 62% (-69dBm)
Chip ID: 00d17d9a
Hostname: ebus-d17d9a
Up time: 149
Free heap: 34840
ebusd connected: no
eBUS signal: no signal

The eBUS receives no signal although the green light is blinking. Is there an explanation for this?

I have soldered the older version 2 myself. Seeing this, the wemos d1 mini is apparently not receiving data from the ebus adapter. Version 3 works with jumpers and the wifi version requires setting them correctly. I’d think one of the jumpers is set incorrect.

@csowada,

since the new OH releas M4 the binding is not more available. :frowning:

error message:

2021-05-03 19:53:41.726 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Failed to install artifact: /usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.ebus-3.0.12-SNAPSHOT.kar

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.apache.karaf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl.findMissingDependency(KarServiceImpl.java:165) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl.install(KarServiceImpl.java:116) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl.install(KarServiceImpl.java:95) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.kar.internal.KarServiceImpl.install(KarServiceImpl.java:87) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.deployer.kar.KarArtifactInstaller.install(KarArtifactInstaller.java:50) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:950) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:884) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:489) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

OpenHAB 3.1 M4 includes a newer OSGI version causing bindings compiled with openHAB 3.0.xx will not work and need to be updated.

2 Likes

I checked the jumpers
J4: RPI
J1: RPI
J12: WIFI
I tried standard and enhanced Protocol.

The WIFI settings are:
WIFI SSID: FritzBox
WIFI secret: ••••••••••••
WIFI IP address: DHCP, mask length: 24, gateway: 0.0.0.1
WIFI power: Normal
WIFI hostname: ebus-d17d9a("." for default)
eBUS RX+TX PINs: Adapter 3 RX+TX (GPIO3+1)
ebusd connection: enhanced on port: 9999
HTTP TCP port: 80 (0 to disable)
LED PINs: RX: disabled, TX: disabled

When I set the gateway to : 255.255.255.0 I get the status:
eBUS initial signal: echo
but the gateway is always reset to: 0.0.0.1

Any further idea what I could do?

Vaillant VRC700 Zone 3 ?

Hi, I have 3 heating zones (zone 1 = floor heating, zone 2 - 1st floor, zone 3 - 2nd floor) controlled by VRC700. After connecting to OH2 via ebus binding (v.2.5.11) only 2 zones are discovered (Zone 1 and Zone 2). How shall I configure the Zone 3 ? Thanks…

Mask length and gateway settings are irrelevant as you are using dhcp. When setting a fixed ip address in this menu, you should fill mask length (normally) with 24 and gateway with the ip address of your Fritzbox.

Have you tried auto refresh setting to 1, to see if the ebus signal is detected sometimes? If not, your Wemos is apparantly not receiving information from the ebus adapter. Either due to no signal on the rx/tx pins, or due to no ebus signal (but a flashing green led suggests otherwise).

With a fixed IP address and the gateway set to the router address or changing the reset to 1 leads to:
ebusd connected: no
eBUS initial signal: echo
Does the echo initial signal give any hints for the problem?

I noticed you are active in the fhem.de forum with these questions also and have a separate topic here with the problem. As FHEM is the home of the hardware developers, that is probably the best place to troubleshoot your problem as it looks like a hardware problem when looking at the wemos response.

As it is nothing more than a serial port over your LAN, you could try with “screen” or “telnet” on your remote computer to check what data comes over port 9999 of your wemos. Maybe try an older firmware for ebusd-esp or even espeasy on the wemos.

But most help is to be expected from the FHEM guys.

I changed the
eBUS RX+TX PINs to: direct RX+TX (GPIO3+1)
With that I get:
ebusd connected: yes (inactive)
eBUS signal: acquired
eBUS initial signal: yes
but the ebus binding still receives no telegrams. Do I have to activate the ebusd and who could I do this?
Actually I don’t know much about the ebus, the ebusd deamon an the adapter. I hopped the ebus bindung would do the communication with the ebus adapter. Where could I find information?

Short answer, the binding can communicate with the raw ebus signal or with the ebusd tcp protocol. But it is not able to communicate with the different esp protocol. Connect your esp with ebusd and ebusd with the binding.