Ebus binding

Using just “all” instead of “all,debug,unknown” for record let me have all of the messages, strange.

However, now I start to fix the unknown messages, starting with the “B5 16” which are broacast messages for time and outside temperature. Should I create specific json messages or did I missed existing ones ?

You can see all included configuration files in github

Feel free to contribute new or enhance existing files. But keep in mind, that I as author of this binding move over to the openhab 2.0 binding. So this binding will only get reduced support in future.

Sure I would love to help and to contribute by providing what I did to remove the unknown messages I fixed !

I have a test openHab2 to explore the ebus world, and I’m switching during my test between your binding 2.0 Alpha realease, the 2 versions embedded in OpenHab2 and your test version “1.9.0-FIX-001”.

I am not sure what repository the version “eBUS 1.x Binding (Testing)” rely on. However, I presume the “ebus binding v1.10” rely on this one ?

What json files should I use as template ? If I’m not mistaken, the json files for Alpha version should be these one ?

If I want to modify directly those installed by the binding, where should I get these json files directly on the openHab2 installation ?

Additionnal question: I’m looking for the vrDialog810.mdb file included in the last vrDialog (should be the version 2.8.0.10) but the only version I manage to get right now is the version advertised as 2.6 from Vaillant nl website (which is only a 2.5 version once installed !). Do you know where I could find the last version ? I hope it may help to identify some additionnal unkown messages.

Hi Paul,

thanks for your comprehensive answer.
I did set my items file as well as the config file according to what you’ve posted. Unfortunately, I don’t get any values on my HabPanel.
In the OpenHab logfile I find the error message "Unable to load file wolf-configuration.json …"
Did you set the “senderId” to a certain value?

By the way, the sources of information that you quote in your note sheet are pretty much the same that I came across, when I was looking for solutions on the internet.
Is there a way to send private messages in this forum. I do have some documentation on Weishaupt ebus controls that I don’t want to share publicly.

Best regards

McFly

The repository csowada/ebus is the new core library for the oh 2.x binding. You find the oh 1.x files in the openhab/openhab1-addons

Thanks for the clarification. So it would be more pertinent to base my json modification on the ah 2.x binding then ?

Actually I tried to code these broadcast messages:

2017-11-06 22:00:34;"01";"10";"FE";B5 16;"08";00 34 00 22 06 11 01 17;"CE";;;;;<unknown>
2017-11-06 22:00:54;"01";"10";"FE";B5 16;"03";01 90 06;"E3";;;;;<unknown>

Based on http://ebus-wiki.org/doku.php/ebus/serviceb516, for now my json looks like:

{
    "id":           "vrc430",
    "vendor":       "Vaillant",
    "label":        "Vaillant VRC 430(f)/470(f)",
    "description":  "Programming unit Vaillant VRC 430, 430f, 470 and 470f",

"commands":
    [

{
            "label":    "Outside temperature",
            "id":       "controller.broadcast.temp_outside",
            "command":  "B5 16",

"broadcast": {
                "master": [
                    {"type": "static", "default": "01"},
                    {"name":"temp_outside", "type": "data2b", "label": "Outside Temperature", "min": -50, "max": 50, "format":"%.1f°C"}
                ]
            }
        },
        {
            "label":    "Outside temperature",
            "id":       "controller.broadcast.time",
            "command":  "B5 16",

"broadcast": {
                "master": [
                    {"type": "static", "default": "00"},
                    {"name":"seconds", "type": "bcd", "label": "seconds", "min": 0, "max": 59, "format":"%.1f°C"},
                    {"name":"minutes", "type": "bcd", "label": "minutes", "min": 0, "max": 59, "format":"%.1f°C"},
                    {"name":"hours", "type": "bcd", "label": "hours", "min": 0, "max": 59, "format":"%.1f°C"},
                    {"name":"day", "type": "bcd", "day": "second", "min": 1, "max": 31, "format":"%.1f°C"},
                    {"name":"month", "type": "bcd", "month": "second", "min": 1, "max": 12, "format":"%.1f°C"},
                    {"name":"weekday", "type": "bcd", "weekday": "second", "min": 1, "max": 7, "format":"%.1f°C"},
                    {"name":"year", "type": "bcd", "label": "year", "min": 0, "max": 99, "format":"%.1f°C"}
                ]
            }
        }
    ]
}

But I have some issue adding it to the binding :confused:

I’ve put my test.json file in /home/openhabian folder, and used in the configuration file:

parserUrl=file:///home/openhabian/test.json
parsers=custom

But the log shows then:
2017-11-06 22:57:47.003 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, id=304, bundle=203/https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5Vjy5Qe0CabSUhSQm5iSjc1TFE]: Updating property general of configuration org.openhab.ebus caused a problem: org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException: Can not deserialize instance of java.util.ArrayList out of START_OBJECT token

You mixed up binding 2.x and 1.x. Your configuration in 2.x format, but you use the 1.x binding. And you should use a different id than the reserved/build-in vrc430.

Mmmmh, I wasn’t aware the syntax being different for both version. thanks will post my specific issue with oh 2;x alpha binding on the other thread then.

1 Like