eBus IO exception when connecting to remote eBusd via tcp

Hi all,

I’m currently trying to extend my openhab2 installation with ebus to take control of my Vaillant heating unit. However I’m getting an error in openhab2 from the ebus binding:

[ERROR] [nal.connection.AbstractEBusConnector] - An IO exception has occured! Try to reconnect eBus connector …
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(SocketInputStream.java:116) [?:?]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:170) [?:?]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141) [?:?]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:223) [?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.ebus.internal.connection.EBusTCPConnector.readByte(EBusTCPConnector.java:124) [196:org.openhab.binding.ebus:1.11.0.201709100109]
at org.openhab.binding.ebus.internal.connection.AbstractEBusConnector.run(AbstractEBusConnector.java:153) [196:org.openhab.binding.ebus:1.11.0.201709100109]

My setup looks as follows:

• Raspberry Pi 3B with openhab2 with ebus1 binding
  • Raspberry Pi 2B with ebusd daemon, listening on port 8888/tcp

As my Pi2B is placed close to my heating unit (doing other things with owfs), I have attached it to the eBus via an USB-interface from esera. Communication to the eBus is doing fine and I have full sync and access to the eBus from the Pi2B.

As a second step, I’m now trying to connect from from my central PI3B with openhab2 with the eBus1 binding to the eBusd daemon via TCP.

I have configured openhab2 with the ebus.cfg with hostname and port of the PI2B (no serialPort!).
With netstat I see that openhab2 is connected by an IP connection to the eBusd, however I repeatedly get the error message above.

tcp 0 0 192.168.xxx.xxx:8888 192.168.xxx.yyy:33212 VERBUNDEN 15380/ebusd

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
Is the ebus1 bindings hostname & port parameter intended to connect to an eBusd daemon?

Thanks for your help in advance! Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Karsten

Have you resolve this problem?

The version 1 binding has no support for ebusd. This is is a new feature for the version 2.