Echo Binding (SmartHome/J variant) no longer turning on my Wyze bulbs

@J-N-K -
Is there achange log for version 3.2.10 of the SmartHome/J echo control binding? I have some Wyze smart bulbs that I’ve been controlling via the echo binding. (Wyze haven’t released an API, but they’re controllable via Alexa, so this has been a passable workaround so that I can still use these bulbs).

Anyway, they just stopped working correctly about a day ago. “Off” commands still work, but for any command that turns them on (brightness percentage, “On”, setting a color temperature via the color temperature channel…) the device isn’t responding. Here’s what shows up in my log:

2022-01-22 10:23:30.707 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Pantry_Brightness' received command ON
2022-01-22 10:23:30.739 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Pantry_Brightness' changed from 0 to 100
2022-01-22 10:23:33.078 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Pantry_Brightness' changed from 100 to 0

And despite the fact that the log says the light turned on for a few milliseconds, the physical bulb never actually does.

For now I’ve set up a very clunky workaround by using the textCommand channel to send Alexa the “Turn on the Pantry Light” command. But that makes the echo chirp in confirmation, and seems to take a bit longer to process.

Anyway, any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe it is related to this:

Pls stop and start your openhab service.

Background info only - that looks like the normal effects of autoupdate feature

1 Like

The issue already is under investigation and looks like a changed behavior of the Wyze skill which needs some adoption on binding side.