Eclipse/Maven IDE

I have been unsuccessful in getting the latest download of Eclipse setup. I am using Eclipse 2021-12 with jdk-11.0.17. My path variables are set for jdk-11.0.17. I have tried Maven 3.8.6 and 3.9.0 with the same results. Eclipse was installed with jdk-11.0.17 selected, but does reference jdk17, which is also installed, but not referenced in any environment variables.

Eclipse builds, resolves and runs without issue. maven clean install throws the following Warning…

[INFO] --- enforcer:3.0.0-M2:enforce (enforce-java) @ org.openhab.binding.elkm1 ---
[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireJavaVersion failed with message:
Detected JDK Version: 11.0.17 is not in the allowed range [17.0,18.0).
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  3.875 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2023-02-08T14:22:27-05:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M2:enforce (enforce-java) on project org.openhab.binding.elkm1: Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific messages explaining why the rule failed. -> [Help 1]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The development version of openHAB is expected to run on Java 17 onwards, so you get build issue with is related to 4.x version. You can switch to 3.4.x branches of repositories or install/attach Java 17 to eclipse to pass this issue over.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.