Ecobee binding "given configKey 'ecobee' is unknown"

Hi there community,

New user here really stuck with trying to get the ecobee to bind / get pin.

I have tried installing binding from paper ui as well as from addons.cfg, uninstalling via bundle:uninstall (bundle number) each time. (currently using install via addons.cfg)

I have verified api key is correct (used to have wink so I am familiar with how to create on the ecobee site)

I keep getting this error in the log

 2019-12-08 10:19:52.869 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.ecobee          ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.ecobee

2019-12-08 10:19:53.714 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler,, org.openhab.binding.ecobee.EcobeeActionProvider, id=407, bundle=264/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.ecobee/1.13.0]: Updating property ecobee of configuration org.openhab.ecobee caused a problem: the given configKey 'ecobee' is unknown ecobee : the given configKey 'ecobee' is unknown

at org.openhab.binding.ecobee.internal.EcobeeBinding.updated( ~[?:?]

Something that I find curious is that the settings seem to persist when uninstalled. If I remove the ecobee.cfg file in paper ui it still shows the config. When I have a ecobee.cfg and make changes it does get reflected there thouhg, is there a second location for these settings to be stored?

I am using the default example for .items with my unique url changed.


DateTime lastModified "last mod [%1$tH:%1$tM:%1$tS]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#lastModified]" }
Number actualTemperature "actual temp [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#runtime.actualTemperature]" }
Number actualHumidity "actual hum [%d %%]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#runtime.actualHumidity]" }
String hvacMode "hvac mode [%s]"            { ecobee="=[311055941593#settings.hvacMode]" }
String currentClimateRef "sched comf [%s]"  { ecobee="<[311055941593#program.currentClimateRef]" }
String desiredComf "desired comf"           { ecobee="<[311055941593#runningEvent.holdClimateRef]", autoupdate="false" }
Number desiredTemp "desired temp [%.1f °F]"
Number desiredHeat "desired heat [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#runtime.desiredHeat]" }
Number desiredCool "desired cool [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#runtime.desiredCool]" }
String desiredFan  "desired fan mode [%s]"  { ecobee="<[311055941593#runtime.desiredFanMode]" }

// Address the ecobee3 unit itself as a sensor, unlike remote sensors it also supports humidity:
Number diningRoomTemperature "dining rm temp [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Dining Room).capability(temperature).value]" }
Number diningRoomHumidity "dining rm hum [%d %%]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Dining Room).capability(humidity).value]" }
Switch diningRoomOccupancy "dining rm occ [%s]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Dining Room).capability(occupancy).value]" }

Number bedroomTemperature "bedroom temp [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Bedroom).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch bedroomOccupancy "bedroom occ [%s]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Bedroom).capability(occupancy).value]" }

Number livingRoomTemperature "living rm temp [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Living Room).capability(temperature).value]" }
Switch livingRoomOccupancy "living rm occ [%s]" { ecobee="<[311055941593#remoteSensors(Living Room).capability(occupancy).value]" }

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Use the console and make you there is not a duplicate of the binding. Then try cleaning the cache and reboot.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo reboot

@H102 thanks for the suggestion. I did try this and can confirm there was no second binding. I ended up just moving my config files to a new install which did resolve. I’m not sure why this worked however as I literally had just setup the system that had a problem but perhaps something went wrong in the install.

I the past I have needed to reboot several times before everything started working again. It was that or a fresh install and restore. Either way glad to see you have it back up and working. Please click the square box on the post with solution to mark as solved. Thanks