EcoBee Binding

Is there an item in this binding that could display what the current hold setting is?
I can’t seem to find one.

Basically if i send it a hold for 2 hours on 75, on the ecobee it shows Hold 68 until 3:30 PM. Is there a way to capture that string from the binding via an item that I am not seeing?

Here are some Ecobee binding properties you could use in your .items file:

String CrEvN "Running Event Name [%s]" { ecobee="<[123456789012#runningEvent.name]" }
String CrEvT "Running Event Type [%s]" { ecobee="<[123456789012#runningEvent.type]" }
String CrEvH "Running Event Clim [%s]" { ecobee="<[123456789012#runningEvent.holdClimateRef]" }
Number HeatTarget  "Heat [%.1f °F]" { ecobee="<[123456789012#runtime.desiredHeat]" }

The “running event” items will only hold values when there is currently a running event as opposed to the normal schedule. Some of the properties documented here may be present under the runningEvent. property, but which ones are present is up to the Ecobee API. You might be able to write a rule that builds a string for a String item that is formatted similarly to the “Hold 68 until 3:30 PM” you see on the thermostat itself.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, those aren’t returning what i want:
Running event name is returning: “auto”
Running Event Type is returning “Hold”
Running Event Clim is returning null

Not sure what “auto” is in reference to.
I suspect i could piece together the hold and climate.
However is there a setting to determine this event’s “end time”

Which fields are completed in the Event object are up to Ecobee, as I said above. Also see the link I provided above to find other fields you can inspect via the binding. Read the API docs and possibly ask questions at http://developer.ecobee.com/api if the API documentation isn’t clear enough.

Perhaps create items bound to other fields of the Event object to see what their values are?

Thanks. What I found is essentially i will need to piece these together:
Running Event Type + runtime_desiredCool + Event.endDate + Event.endTime

Thanks!

1 Like