Ecobee Token Not Updating

For the past week or two I’ve been getting the following errors:

2020-10-10 11:54:19.459 [ERROR] [oauth2client.internal.OAuthConnector] - grant type refresh_token to URL https://api.ecobee.com/token failed with error code invalid_grant, description The authorization grant, token or credentials are invalid, expired, revoked, do not match the redirection URI used in the authorization request, or was issued to another client.
2020-10-10 11:54:19.464 [INFO ] [inding.ecobee.internal.api.EcobeeApi] - API: Exception getting access token: error=‘invalid_grant’, description=‘The authorization grant, token or credentials are invalid, expired, revoked, do not match the redirection URI used in the authorization request, or was issued to another client.’

I’ve deleted “~/.java/.userPrefs/”. I’ve completely rebuilt the ecobee api side and updated the api key on the .things file. I’ve restarted OH several times. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I am experiencing this as well. I’m just about to get a new API key for the third time. I can tell you their app has been a bit wonky as well…as sometimes it gives me an error message to try back later.

Squid

I was able to resolve this but definitely not in the best way. You need to delete the JSON store StorageHandler.For.OAuthClientService.json in /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb as well as all of the backups with OH off and then start it up.