EDMIAX Smart Plug SP-1101W integration

Hallo,

I try to integratemy Edimax Power-Plug into Openhab2 following this great Blog-Post
https://mysmarthomeweb.wordpress.com/tag/edimax/.

After performing all steps it didn’t work, after a quick investigation in my logfile it seems there is an error where I define my item in my items file.

//Line of my items file ...
Switch EdimaxSimple {edimax="74:AA:38:22:EE:F9:1234"}
21:54:55.199 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'edimax' of item 'EdimaxSimple' could not be parsed correctly.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.openhab.binding.edimax.internal.EdimaxBindingConfiguration.Type.38
	at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:238)[:1.8.0_121]
	at org.openhab.binding.edimax.internal.EdimaxBindingConfiguration$Type.valueOf(EdimaxBindingConfiguration.java:1)[217:org.openhab.binding.edimax:1.9.0.201607291201]
	at org.openhab.binding.edimax.internal.EdimaxBindingConfiguration.parse(EdimaxBindingConfiguration.java:83)[217:org.openhab.binding.edimax:1.9.0.201607291201]
	at org.openhab.binding.edimax.internal.EdimaxGenericBindingProvider.validateItemType(EdimaxGenericBindingProvider.java:37)[217:org.openhab.binding.edimax:1.9.0.201607291201]
	at org.openhab.core.binding.internal.BindingConfigReaderDelegate.validateItemType(BindingConfigReaderDelegate.java:37)[219:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.0.0]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:311)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:284)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.processBindingConfigsFromModel(GenericItemProvider.java:167)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.modelChanged(GenericItemProvider.java:347)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:207)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:120)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFile(FolderObserver.java:272)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.access$1(FolderObserver.java:265)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver$WatchQueueReader.processWatchEvent(FolderObserver.java:146)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.service.AbstractWatchQueueReader.run(AbstractWatchQueueReader.java:122)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_121]

My first idea was that I’m missing a depedency or the “Compatibility Layer” but it seems everything is here

217 | Active   |  80 | 1.9.0.201607291201    | openHAB Edimax Binding
218 | Active   |  80 | 1.9.0                 | openHAB HTTP Binding
219 | Active   |  80 | 2.0.0                 | openHAB 1.x Compatibility Layer

So may be someone can give me a poke into the right direction?

Thank you

I bet you are using the new firmware (2.04), the communication protocol changed and integration within openhab and home assistant, as well as the smartplug.py seems broken.

Hi,
thanks for your reply, this is a good guess but not the case I didn’t do the firmware upgrade :wink:

(I was not aware about the incompatibility with firmware 2.04 my initial plan was to get it to work first and consider the firmware upgrade afterwards. May be it’s not a good idea if I see your comments on it …)

My impression is the 1.X Binding doesn’t work anymore on the OpenHab2 may be there was a breaking change, but it’s only my personal guess I didn’t dig into the code.

My current plan B is to wait for the new Binding from fharni which looks promising to me
https://github.com/fharni/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.edimax

Thanks

Is this packaged somewhere?
Thanks

Guys what is needed to make this binding work?
Do I understand it correctly that I need to compile the Frarni’s repo and get the jar? Anyone using this one actually?

Thank you! :slight_smile: PS I am complete newbie, 1st post… :slight_smile:

@TiVo did you manage to make it work? if so, how? I have downloaded the fresh openhab :slight_smile: thank you

hello, is there any new insights here?
Can anyone ever write about us to include the EDIMAX outlets in OPENHAB2?
Thank you.