Eltako FRW wireless smoke alarm

Is there currently any support for Eltako wireless smoke alarm like this:

The sensor has a small button to force a test alarm. This should also be used for teach-in. Auto-detection in openhab doesn’t find anything.

Regards,
Arno

What wireless technology does it use?

Eltako -> Enocean

Hi @Arno,

I have already implemented the EEP in my openocean binding (unofficial version of enocean binding). However I wanted to wait with a merge until support for smoke alarms is completed by implementation of EEP D2-14.
I try to release a new openocean version this weekend with all the stuff that did not made it into the official 2.5 binding version.

Best regards
Daniel

thanks a lot. Perfect timing!

Hi Daniel,

some hints to improve the documentation. I have just spend some time to register my FSB71. After several failed approaches the solution was very easy. I have to teachin openhab as a “Szenetaster”. teachin as “Universaltaster” as it worked in some other systems like fhem doesn’t work here. I had a similar behavior with my FSR14 devices.

I’m not sure if this is only my observation or there is another solution for that but a hint in the documentation could probably save some time for future testers.

Regards,
Arno

Hi Daniel,

recently I recognized that support for smoke detector is part of official enocean binding. Thanks for that.

Question to all: Is there already a good widget for habpanel for a smoke detector?

Regards,
Arno