[SOLVED] Enerwave ZW15RM Added Incorrectly as ZW20RM

If the device is only a binary switch, then it should not be using the mulitlevel switch command class - it will need to be changed to the binary switch command class.

Can you see something in the database? On the database site it shows what I posted above, “SWITCH_MULTILEVEL” with checks, but in my XML file it has no reference of this, so I’m guessing this is something I can’t view or modify in the XML, and I’m guessing it’s built into the build that I can’t read without attempting to go through the source code. Will you be able to check and modify it?

Yes, the database needs to be changed to use the binary switch command class instead of the multilevel switch class.

I will do this.

Thx @chris, sorry if I’m asking too many questions, still learning openhab.

You guys did a great job with these bindings, so I’m really appreciative. I’m also appreciative for your time and replies, thx again.

That’s fine - it’s not always easy or obvious :slight_smile:

I’ve made the change and will probably do a database update tomorrow.

Hi Chris, where can I look to see the last time the database has been updated so I know if the latest snapshot will have the database changes included? Want to keep my nagging to a minimum. I’m on the latest 2019-07-17 snapshot and the switch isn’t working yet, so just want to know if it should be, and how I can find this out on my own.

UPDATE: I think I answered my own question, but correct me if I’m wrong. Looking on GitHub, I found the below commit, since the snapshot I’m running is from Jul 17, 2019 11:30:25 (doesn’t say time zone on Jenkins, but guessing it’s localize), and the commit was on Jul 17, 2019 12:34 PM PDT in GitHub, so guessing any build after that will have the updated database. Noticed there is a new build from Jul 17, 2019 7:42:50 PM which I’m not updating now to confirm :smiley:

@chris, all is working for the Enerwave ZW20RM, thanks a lot for helping get this working :smiley: Also, now I know where to check for the commits at GitHub.

2 Likes