Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 PLUS and openhab2 zwave binding

First try removing the thing and then search for things and add it again.

After that you’d have to go into the json DB folder and modify the thing to have the correct IDs.

been beating my head against a wall on this one (don’t have any hair left to pull out)

went into the /var/lib/openhab2/zwave directory to modify the enerwave node XML file, but it is not there.

I have done a fresh install of openhab2 on a new SD card, reinitialized my aeon controller and get XML files for all the other nodes in the network but not the Enerwave.

are there other locations for the XML files other than /var/lib/openhab2/zwave?

I have tried to edit the org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json file from the jsondb directory with the ZWN-RSM2 type and ID in decimal form and restart the openhab2 service, but upon start up it reverts back to the single switch ID/type

Any other thoughts?

@warloc4326 - Thanks for the help - finally got it to work. For beginners like me who are not versed in Openhab or Linux here is what I did:

Get the latest version of the binding from Chris’s website -

cwd /usr/share/openhab2/addons
wget http://www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

open the openhab console and add the serial transport
feature:install openhab-transport-serial

add your switch - it will come up as the single switch, but in the /var/lib/openhab2/zwave directory you will see an XML file for the switch. Change the type to 0101 and id to 5606 and save the file.

delete the switch using Habmin

restart openhab2

Find the switch - viola! It now sees the dual switch

Glad to hear that it worked.

Remember as @chris stated above that it may not keep the binding information upon future updates.

I ran into the same issue - RSM2 with the RSM1 ID 0x111:0x605. I also do have some actual RSM1s.

As a workaround, I removed the RSM1 definition and added a RSM2 variant with the RSM1 code - it works for both, RSM1 and the RSM2 device that has an RSM1 ID, but obviously it shows multiple switch channels for the real RSM1 even though they only have one.

Cheers,

Daniel