Enigma2 Binding

hey guys,

i have just updated the source and the jar. I have testet it with the latest snapshot. And it works.

i have just updated the source and the jar.

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your work on the binding. Maybe a stupid question, but where can I find the updated jar?

@Multani have a look at the first post. There is a dist link to github. There you can find it

@Multani have a look at the first post. There is a dist link to github. There you can find it

Thanks for the immediate reply. I already had a look at the links in the first post, however, I could only find the updated source files, not the updated jar. I expected to find the updated jar file here: GitHub - tratho/org.openhab.binding.enigma2-dist - however, there I can only find the old version. Am I missing something?

@Multani you were right, i forgot to upload them. But now the are up to date

I tested the binding with my gigablue receiver. It works but the receiver gets very slow in reacting for remote controll commands from the native physical remote control. If I stop the binding, all works fine.

Increasing of timeout/polling interval does not fix it.

Any idea?

I encountered the same problem. I didnĀ“t know that this could come from the binding.

I tested several images for my receiver, on every image after some time the receiver got very slow. I deinstalled the webinterfce of the image and it was fast again.

But now i know, that was not caused by the webinterface, it was the bindingā€¦

The receiver was not usable anymore, it was very slow and laggy.

@HomeAutomation
i havenā€™t tried with an physical remote, i only use the binding for normal, but i will have a try with the physical remote.
One thing i dont really understand, is that increase interval dose not help to fix or reduce the problem

Hi, I started to use this good binding some days ago and I found some of the problems you describe here.

• I have the same problem about the lack of synchronization between the Openhab item linked to the channel ā€œpowerā€ and the real power state of my enigma2 device. When I set on/standby through the Openhab item everything works good and the power state showed in Openhab corresponds to the real state of the STB, when I set on/standby through the physical remote the Openhab item doesnā€™t update and so I experience the lack of synchronization.
  • I use two Enigma2 devices, one Gigablue HD Quad plus (connected to the LAN and the Openhab server with an Ethernet cable) and one Gigablue HD 800 SE plus (connected to the LAN and the Openhab server with a WiFi stick) both with the Openatv 6.1 image. With the first one I canā€™t say that the decoder get very slow but the second one gets sometimes impossible to use because of its slow reaction to the commands I give through the physical remote or through the Openhab binding.
  • Another issue that I experience and in my opinion could be helpful to explain in the documentation is the format of the .thing file for the people who prefer not to use the automatic discovery. I found one that allows me to see my two things on-line in Openhab but it seems to me that it generate some other problem with the updates of the items state so, for now and until Iā€™ll can have the other and more important issues fixed I came back to the automatic discovery.

Anyway, thank you for the good work because this binding is really useful, I hope this problems will solved soon.
Bye.

I can confirm that the binding will slow down your STB or render it almost useless after a while. You will only see the spinner and the STB does almost not react to any input. (VU+ STB, Zero, Solo2 & Ultimo4K). Iā€™ve debugged this a little bit & it seems that the thread at the receiver side is busy all the time & something seems not to be release again. Perhaps there happens too much polling from the binding? The CPU load of the Enigma2 process is very high in this case. After a reboot the box will work for a while. Itā€™s quite hard to debug this at the receiver side because the debugging options of Enigma2 are quite limited. Any ideas to work this out? I really like this binding!

Best regards

Stephan

I use the Binding with VU+Uno4K ā€¦ no problems like you describe.

What Image do you use? Iā€™m working with the actual VTI 13.0.2. What kind of webinterface? Iā€™ve OpenWebIf on all of my STB

OE-System:	openvuplus 3.0
Firmware-Version:	VTi 11.0.1. (2017-04-10-vti-master (1881f27))
Kernel / Treiber:	3.14.28 / 3.14.28-20170220.r0

Mh interesting. On my Solo2 Iā€™ve got the VTI 11 Image too & the problem is existent there too :frowning:

I have a XTrend ET9000, tested with OpenPli 2.x (very old), 4 and 6 (beta).

I used original DMM WebIf on 2.x and i also tested OpenWebIf on 4 and 6.

Same problem on every installation.

Have you test to set the Refresh Interval higher the Default ? Default is 5 seconds.
I have now upgraded to VTi 13.0.2ā€¦ after I remove the Thing in OH and re-addā€¦ it seems to work without problems ā€¦ I use Power and Channel from the Binding.

12:21:38.211 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Power changed from ON to OFF
12:21:38.267 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Channel changed from WDR HD to
12:21:38.303 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Channel changed from  to
12:21:48.804 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Power changed from OFF to ON
12:21:48.998 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Channel changed from  to WDR HD
12:22:03.668 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Channel changed from WDR HD to RTLplus
12:22:20.808 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - VUplus_WZ_Channel changed from RTLplus to Sky Bundesliga 1 HD

Did you change the refresh intervall? Iā€™ve changed it to 300sec for testing purpose & will give a feedback.

No ā€¦ my Interval is @ Default

Strange, I only use Power from the bindingā€¦Testing with the new interval now. Will report back tomorrow if the problem is fixed.

If you only user Power ā€¦ than you can get it to work with Curl Commands in a Easy BashScript ā€¦ without the Bindingā€¦