[SOLVED] Enocean Binding, Cannot send from EnoceanPi to actuator FMS61NP

Hi everybody,

I installed the new Enocean (first class OpenHAB citizen :slight_smile: ) binding.
I had no problem installing my Eltako rockerswitches FT55 into OpenHAB. Also the thing EnOcean gateway is “online” in OpenHAB.
But I would also like to send commands from OpenHAB to my actuators FMS61NP.

I use OpenHAB 2.4 Release on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with an EnoceanPi 868 modul for the pi.

Beside my FT55 rockerswitches I use FMS61NP actuators (https://www.eltako.com/fileadmin/downloads/en/_bedienung/FMS61NP_30200330-4_gb.pdf).
I only use those 2 types of Eltako EnOcean devices at home.

I read the manual here https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/enocean/ and tried different methods to manually create virtual switches (thing and item). I set the actuator FMS61NP to learning mode (LRN) and toggled my virtual switch but nothing happens. I tried things of type rockersiwtch and classicDevice.

Some specific questions:

• The binding should be able to send commands to an actuator, right?

• Where do I use the ID of my actuator printed on the back of the device or is it not needed at all.
    While I researched this forum and the web I found out, that you need this ID in FHEM.

Thank you for your help in advance!

BR
Lukas

Hi Lukas (@Astra),

first of all I have to say, that the current version of the EnOcean Binding has a bug for your type of actuator. You have to use the snapshot version from my github repo together with the openhab stable or use the snapshot version of openhab.

The binding should be able to send commands to an actuator, right?

Yes for sure, you just have to use a ClassicDevice thing.

Where do I use the ID of my actuator printed on the back of the device or is it not needed at all…

This Id is next to the actuator type the most important information needed for the binding.

Following you will find an example how to define a ClassicDevice in a thing file

Bridge enocean:bridge:gtwy "EnOcean Gateway" [ path="/dev/ttyAMA0" ] {

Thing classicDevice FMS61NP "FMS61NP" [ 
        senderIdOffset=XXX, 
        sendingEEPId="F6_02_01", 
        broadcastMessages=true, 
        receivingEEPId="F6_02_01",
        suppressRepeating=false 
   ] {
        Type virtualSwitchA             : virtualSwitchA              [duration=300, switchMode="rockerSwitch"]
        Type rockerswitchListenerSwitch : Listener1 "Schalter links"  [enoceanId="AABBCCDD", channel="channelA", switchMode="rockerSwitch"]
   }
}

First line defines EnOcean gateway, second line and following define the classicDevice. You have to set the senderIdOffset to an appropriate number. The AABBCCDD has to replaced with the Id of your FMS61NP.

The virtualSwitchA channel is for switching your actuator. The listener channels sets your item to the correct status after receiving confirmation messages of your actuator.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel (@fruggy83) ,

thank you for the fast reply.
I will test this out asap (kind of busy atm).

Did I get it right, that I have to put the actuator in learning mode (LRN) to teach in the virtual switch?

BR
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Did I get it right, that I have to put the actuator in learning mode (LRN) to teach in the virtual switch?

Yes thats right. Forget to mention it, that you have to teach in the senderIdOffset into your actuator. Just put it in learning mode and switch your item. Afterwards your actuator should react to your openhab item.

However repeating myself, you have to use the snapshot version of my binding. Otherwise the actuator will not react on you item.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

your hint to the snapshot build solves my problem sending commands from EnOceanPi to the actuator FMS61NP. That’s great, thank you!

For the virtual rocker switch I did not need the EnOceanID (from your axample: enoceanId=“AABBCCDD”) at all.
I worked directly with toggling the actuator to “LRN” and pushing the virtual button.

I created a second listener-thing/listener-item with the EnOceanID to receive status-updates.
But this is not working at the moment. I enabled the message protocoll in the actuator.
I will look into this later on and I will probably open up a new thread for this than.
@fruggy83 BTW: I found out that the EEP of my actuator is D2-03-00. Do I have to create a generic thing with EEP D2-03-00 to read the status of the actuator?

In addition I have to enabled repeater mode on some actuators to receive commands from my garden with my EnOceanPi.
I will try that in a third step.

Again thank you very much for your help!

BR
Lukas

Hi Lukas

I did not need the EnOceanID

The EnoceanId is just needed for receiving status updates FROM the actuator. For example if you switch the actuator by a physical switch, the corresponding openhab item should also change its state.

I created a second listener-thing/listener-item with the EnOceanID to receive status-updates.
But this is not working at the moment

What kind of thing did you exactly created? A rockerSwitch?

I found out that the EEP of my actuator is D2-03-00

Are you sure that your FMS61NP really uses this EEP? This EEP is mainly used for encrypted messages and sends information about pressed rocker switches, position of window handles and beacon signals. Not kind of messages I would expect for a FMS61NP.

Best regards
Daniel

I created a new topic for my other problem allready stated out in this thread.
One small topic per solution should make it easier to find solutions :slight_smile:

See here

for the problem of receiving a proper status from the actuator.