EnOcean - how to start? [totally lost :-(]

Dear Forum

I just bought my first EnOcean parts and now I’m struggeling with the first steps.

I have no clue how to pair the USB stick with the contacts???

Hardware:

• BSC EnOcean USB 300 USB-Gateway 868MHz / TCM310 Chipset
  • BSC sRC Reed-Contact EnOcean 868,3MHz

Setup:

• I found the teach-in button on the contacts and I can hear a “click” if they get in touch with eachother
  • The USB device is attaced to a windows machine (where OH 1.8.0 is running), configured as COM2
  • In openhab I’ve added appropriate items according to wiki description (of course with correct EnOcean ID)
  • in openhab.cfg is configured like that:
    enocean:serialPort=COM2

Questions:

• How can I pare (teach-in) my reed contacts with the USB device?
  • Is there anything else that needs to be done to get it running on OH?

Thanks & Regards
John

In my logfile I can see the following entry:

2016-01-31 19:13:40.588 [INFO ] [.e.internal.bus.EnoceanBinding] - Connecting to Enocean [serialPort='COM2' ].

Obviously the binding is loaded corretly and the assigned port is used. Does it matter that COM2 is displayed with quotation marks?

I also tried to test the communication with COM2 via command line and it seems to be that there is something going on.

I also checked again my items but can not find any mistakes (ID’s replaced):

Contact Door_UG_Schleuse	"Tür Korridor zur Schleuse [%s]"	<contact>		(gUG_Schleuse, gContacts, gDoors)	{enocean="{id=00:00:00:00, eep=D5:00:01, parameter=CONTACT_STATE:closed}"}
Contact Door_UG_Technik		"Tür Technik [%s]"			<contact>		(gUG_Technik, gContacts, gDoors)	{enocean="{id=00:00:00:00, eep=D5:00:01, parameter=CONTACT_STATE:closed}"}

I still have no clue whether my reed contacts communicate correctly with the USB device. Is there any possbility to check the pairing of the devices?

You should start openhab in debug mode and check your logs (use start_debug.bat instead of start.bat).

John,

this is what my contacts for door and window look like:

Contact Window_GF_Voordeur “Voordeur [%s]” (gGF,Windows,Security) { enocean="{id=00:00:yy:xx, eep=D5:00:01, parameter=CONTACT_STATE}" }

it is not necessary to teach in the contacts. You just need to find out what id they have. Once you activate (open and close) them you should see debug messages in your logs.

good luck.