Envisalink EVL3, Zone and Door sensors not sending messages to OH2

Hello everyone!

I am starting to get relatively comfortable with OH2 and have almost everything working the way it should. My one area of challenge is setting up Envialink with DSC correctly. I have wired the Envisalink (EVL3) board into the DSC panel and I am able to put the alarm in stay or away using OH but for some reason I am not seeing the status of the door sensors and the motion sensor.

My Envisalink was connected to the Eyes-On portal and here I saw all the activities that I am unable to see with OH. Doing some research on this forum realized that the EVL3 board on port 4025 only supports one connection. So based on that I deleted my profile with the eyes-on portal and the zone activities were still not reflected on OH.

Any pointers?

You can use the portal and one internal connection at the same time. I use both purposely as it adds another level of notification in the event of sketchy activity.

As a side… I wrote a “tutorial” on how to use nodealarmproxy to allow multiple connections to the same evl here: Setup a DSC EVL-3 proxy with nodealarmproxy

As for not seeing any activity, post up your items, things etc. I suspect you have something configured a little off. What zone type or definition do you have assigned to these zones on the DSC system? I found that the 24 (I think it was) that is listed for automation purposes doesn’t send events.

Thank you for getting back to me. I used the tutorial found here to do the initial setup - How To: OpenHab2 + DSC Alarm + Envisalink EVL-3 Module

Envisalink was added manually via the paper UI as a Thing. I have pasted the items I have for the file:

/* DSC Alarm Items */

Switch BRIDGE_CONNECTION {channel=“dscalarm:envisalink:eb8fc2ed:bridge_reset”}
String SEND_DSC_ALARM_COMMAND “Send a DSC Alarm Command” {channel=“dscalarm:envisalink:eb8fc2ed:send_command”}

/* DSC Alarm Partition Items */
String PARTITION1_STATUS “Partition 1 Status: [%s]” (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_status”}
Number PARTITION1_ARM_MODE “Partition 1 Arm Mode:” (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_arm_mode”}
Switch PARTITION1_ARMED (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_armed”}
Switch PARTITION1_ENTRY_DELAY (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_entry_delay”}
Switch PARTITION1_EXIT_DELAY (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_exit_delay”}
Switch PARTITION1_IN_ALARM (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_in_alarm”}
String PARTITION1_OPENING_CLOSING_MODE “Opening/Closing Mode: [%s]” (DSCAlarmPartitions) {channel=“dscalarm:partition:eb8fc2ed:partition1:partition_opening_closing_mode”}

/* DSC Alarm Keypad Items */
Number KEYPAD_READY_LED “Ready LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_ready_led”}
Number KEYPAD_ARMED_LED “Armed LED Status” <alarm_armed_led> (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_armed_led”}
Number KEYPAD_MEMORY_LED “Memory LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_memory_led”}
Number KEYPAD_BYPASS_LED “Bypass LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_bypass_led”}
Number KEYPAD_TROUBLE_LED “Trouble LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_trouble_led”}
Number KEYPAD_PROGRAM_LED “Program LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_program_led”}
Number KEYPAD_FIRE_LED “Fire LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_fire_led”}
Number KEYPAD_BACKLIGHT_LED “Backlight LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_backlight_led”}
Number KEYPAD_AC_LED “AC LED Status” (DSCAlarmKeypads) {channel=“dscalarm:keypad:eb8fc2ed:keypad:keypad_ac_led”}

/* DSC Alarm Zones Items */
Contact ZONE1_STATUS “Front Door (Zone 1)” (DSCAlarmZones, FrontFoyer, DSCAlarmDoorWindow) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone1:zone_status”}
String ZONE1_MESSAGE “Zone Message: [%s]” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone1:zone_message”}
Switch ZONE1_BYPASS_MODE “Fs Mode” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone1:zone_bypass_mode”}
Switch ZONE1_IN_ALARM “Zone 1 Alarm Condition” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone1:zone_in_alarm”}
Switch ZONE1_TRIPPED (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone1:zone_tripped”}

Contact ZONE2_STATUS “Side Door (Zone 2)” (DSCAlarmZones, FrontFoyer, DSCAlarmDoorWindow) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone2:zone_status”}
String ZONE2_MESSAGE “Zone Message: [%s]” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone2:zone_message”}
Switch ZONE2_BYPASS_MODE “Fs Mode” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone2:zone_bypass_mode”}
Switch ZONE2_IN_ALARM “Zone 3 Alarm Condition” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone2:zone_in_alarm”}
Switch ZONE2_TRIPPED (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone2:zone_tripped”}

Contact ZONE3_STATUS “Side Door (Zone 3)” (DSCAlarmZones, FrontFoyer, DSCAlarmDoorWindow) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone3:zone_status”}
String ZONE3_MESSAGE “Zone Message: [%s]” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone3:zone_message”}
Switch ZONE3_BYPASS_MODE “Fs Mode” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone3:zone_bypass_mode”}
Switch ZONE3_IN_ALARM “Zone 3 Alarm Condition” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone3:zone_in_alarm”}
Switch ZONE3_TRIPPED (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone3:zone_tripped”}

Contact ZONE4_STATUS “Side Door (Zone 4)” (DSCAlarmZones, FrontFoyer, DSCAlarmDoorWindow) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone4:zone_status”}
String ZONE4_MESSAGE “Zone Message: [%s]” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone4:zone_message”}
Switch ZONE4_BYPASS_MODE “Fs Mode” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone4:zone_bypass_mode”}
Switch ZONE4_IN_ALARM “Zone 4 Alarm Condition” (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone4:zone_in_alarm”}
Switch ZONE4_TRIPPED (DSCAlarmZones) {channel=“dscalarm:zone:eb8fc2ed:zone4:zone_tripped”}

Please note when using the portal on Eyes-ON, it shows I have four zones on my DSC (Zone 1, 2, 3, 4)

Thanks for the link to your tutorial, will try setting that up so I can do multiple connections.

I don’t use (or even have installed) paperUI. I prefer the expert package method that uses the addons.cfg file. My setup would have been configured more like the “doing it the manual way” method in your link.

Unfortunately that means I can’t speak to the paperui parts you did but the item definitions look proper assuming eb8fc2ed is your bridge thing. I have a .things file that defines the bridge and each zone manually instead of the paperui inbox method.

Hopefully somebody with paperui experience can chime in for you. sorry.

Do you mind sharing your things file? I have used the things file to integrate other things and I just deleted and re-established the bridge manually with the following and still having the same issues:

Bridge dscalarm:envisalink:f60lmkwc [ ipAddress=“192.168.3.119”,password=“PASSWORD”]
{
Thing partition partition1 [ partitionNumber=1 ]
Thing zone zone1 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=1 ]
Thing zone zone1 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=2 ]
Thing zone zone1 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=3 ]
Thing zone zone4 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=4 ]
Thing keypad keypad
}

Only real difference I see other than your name for your envisalink which I don’t think matters as long as you use it in your items, is that I have a panel definition and you don’t. I’m not certain you NEED the panel definition but I would try adding a:

Thing panel panel

Here’s mine:

Bridge dscalarm:envisalink:dscalarm [ ipAddress="x.x.x.x", password="xxxxx" ]
    {
    	Thing panel panel [ userCode="xxxx", suppressAcknowledgementMsgs=true ]
    	Thing partition partition1 [ partitionNumber=1 ]		
    	Thing zone zone1 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=1 ]		
    	Thing zone zone3 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=3 ]		
    	Thing zone zone4 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=4 ]		
    	Thing zone zone5 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=5 ]		
    	Thing zone zone9 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=9 ]		
    	Thing zone zone10 [ partitionNumber=1, zoneNumber=10 ]