Ephemeris, localized getHolidayDescription

Openhab 3.4
openhab-js 4.3

I’m struggling with getHolidayDescription() in openhab 3 as well. To the best of my knowledge, I don’t have an ephemeris.cfg, but I’m setting region through the openhab locale settings. (Settings/Regional Settings/ Region & Language)

var E = actions.Ephemeris;
console.log(E.getNextBankHoliday());
console.log(E.getHolidayDescription(E.getNextBankHoliday()));

gives me the following output:

2023-05-18 13:08:34.695 [INFO ] [penhab.automation.script.ui.midnight] - christian.ASCENSION_DAY
2023-05-18 13:08:34.703 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'midnight' failed: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name descriptions.holiday_descriptions, locale en_BE

So the jollyday library works in general, but the holiday description file isn’t found for the locale. I have been trying to modify the Regional Settings and the Country settings for Ephemeris, to no avail. it always says, it can’t be found, even in more classic combinations, like those:

2023-05-18 13:11:19.501 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'midnight' failed: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name descriptions.holiday_descriptions, locale de_DE

2023-05-18 13:12:57.249 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'midnight' failed: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name descriptions.holiday_descriptions, locale en_GB

2023-05-18 13:13:50.952 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'midnight' failed: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name descriptions.holiday_descriptions, locale en

2023-05-18 13:15:16.214 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'midnight' failed: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name descriptions.holiday_descriptions, locale en_US

Any thoughts on what I would have to set in addition or differently?

Dirk, AFAIK, you HAVE to have the config-file because otherwise openHAB doesn’t know the holidays. Here is the documentation on how to create the file and where to put it: