eQ-3 Bluetooth thermostat Setup with OH3

Hello,

I am new to openHAB but very much like the concept and versatility.
My first project is to smarten-up my radiator with a bluetooth operated eQ-3 thermostat. I could see that there is a comprehensive tutorial on https://tutorials-raspberrypi.de/raspberry-pi-eq-3-thermostat-mit-openhab-im-smart-home-nutzen/ that is based on the script from GitHub - Heckie75/eQ-3-radiator-thermostat: Full-Featured shell script in order to control the eQ-3 radiator thermostat via linux and Raspberry Pi and which I followed as far as I could.
Unfortunately the tutorial is from 2019 and some aspects such as Basic UI might be outdated and not valid any more, especially since the update to openHAB version 3.

Because I am new to openHAB I might be lacking basic understanding which might be obvious to others.

The aim is to get the radiator valves working on openHAB and hence I have to questions.

Is there an obvious adjustment that needs to be done to “transfer” the instructions/script so it becomes usable under openHAB 3 even without basic UI etc?

If not, what do I need to modify to get the script running and the corresponding UI interfaces to make it usable?

Thanks a lot for your help and in general for being part of such a great project!

Cheers
Johannes

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspi 4
    • Java Runtime Environment: 11.0.10 (Zulu11.45+27-CA)
    • openHAB version: 3.0.1

BasicUI and sitemaps didn’t change so what ever it says to do is the same in OH 3. The only difference is you have additional options to use instead.

The external script can likely remain unchanged. I don’t read German so can’t comment too much on the tutorial except to notice that it’s using the HTTP 1.x binding and that doesn’t work on OH 3. You’ll have to translate those configs to the new HTTP binding.

Thank you very much for your quick reply!
I could make the thermostat working partly when I used the commands directly to the terminal via PUTTY. It only accepted the commands for changing the temperature but I believe I will be able to build other functions like boost and weekly planner in Openhab.

Where is the BasicUI interface in the new version of openhab?

I am still very new to openhab and wonder if you could give me some advice wher eI can find information on how to translate to the new binding?

I really hope I can make the thermostats work as this would make such a difference and they are still in perfect condition and it would be a shame if I could not make use of them.

Thanks again for your help!

As was the case in OHv2, you have to install it. Then it can be found in the Other Ap pi sb menu at the upper right corner.

Look at the binding docs. I don’t use the binding so can’t be any more specific. Go you Add-ons at the top off this page and search for the HTTP Binding.

Thanks a lot. I don´t know if it was an update I installed or if it needed a reboot but now Basic UI is available on the right side. Thanks a lot

I hope that this is the issue, now that I have Basic UI running and the possibility to perform some input there