Error 401 logging in only via android app

Hi there, I configured OH2.0 months ago on a raspberry, then configured cloud access.
I was able to log in both locally and remotely.

After a while I’ve updated to OH2.2
I can access my sitemaps locally via browser, also reinstalled OH android app and I’m able to browse locally.

If, I browse to https://myopenhab.org I can access it with my mail and password, I’ve checked both Secret and UUID and they are ok, still, via android app I get a 401 error

User authentication has failed.

I’ve not set up an ssl certificate because I have not found a guide to generate it, could this be the problem?
The myopenhab landing page login help is not so detailed and doesn’t provide additional debugging info.

thanks for your help

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. Android App is unusable (HTC 10, Android 7). As soon as i am remote i can’t access openHAB anymore. I checked username and password several times. Logging in via browser works.

I am not sure, if i ever could use the remote access from the latest Android App.

After the 401 error, even local access is answered with a 406 error until the app is restarted.

I have the same problem as you. Have you solved the problem meanwhile? Local connection works, remote not :frowning:

Best regards,
Jörg

I’m having the same problem, did you find a solution?

I just checked as i read that somewhere else. Clearing all app data in android makes the app usable again.

1 Like

:disappointed: Just cleared all app data on my android phone while remotely connected. After putting in all credentials again I see all reported problems now!
The chart is displayed in the (old)white scheme and empty most of the time. (as before the clearing)
My two images do show an identical image,either image one or two instead of one and two (as before the clearing)
Dynamic Icons are not working (all switches are OFF but showing ON Icon, toggeling shows no effect) (That did work before!!)

So, clearing the app data is NOT the solution!

unfortunately this didn’t solve my original problem

OK, so i guess it were different problems. I can use the app remote again. I can see some icon problems remote (not locally), but at least it works again.

I also have the same issue with the Android app. Tried all the same steps to fix it but no luck.

Hi everyone, i also have the same problem with the app. so anybody fixed the issue yet?

As i posted above, for me, clearing the app data with the android app memory settings fixed it for me. If you didn’t try that yet, you should.

Did this issue ever get solved? I am fighting the same problem since days, without any success. Deleting the app data or even installing the app on a new phone did not help.

i had the same problem.

the solution was a java update.

the communication doesnt work with one java version. so u dont see the sitemaps or see your openhab is online. a communication error. you have to update.

thanks to StackExchange!

Please read carefully- there is one mistake in the firts comment- you have to read also the second.

i hope it works!

Thanks for the tip!

I updated Java as described. As far as I can tell, the update was successful.

[15:17:56] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_181"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

The URL I use in the app is: https://myopenhab.org

However, sadly I still can not access my openHAB via the app outside my network.

The username and password is the same as I successfully use for accessing myopenhab.org.

Is there anything else I need to do to get access via the app? Any other idea what I could be possibly be doing wrong?

Try this URL in your App- settings- change to
https://myopenhab.org:443

Check the UUID and the Secret- Update in myopenhab- restart openhab- reinstall the App- and then, we will see;-)

Give a Feedback! Good Luck!

Also do the updates and upgrades! (SSL automaticly)

1 Like

works fine after I delete the url and retyped them in again

1 Like

thanks a lot, have faced with the same issue. URL retyping helped.

unfortunately i am facing that problem since a couple of days.

retyping the URL, clearing all app data, re-install the app …nothing helped.
The instance is reported online and i can access normally except from my android phone.

Any other ideas on how to fix that ? Running nuts already…

Thanks,

1 Like

I had this same problem and tried the various solutions above, however in my case it was a simpler problem. I had used Android autocomplete to complete my email address in the account box, but autocomplete had added an extra space at the end of my email address, so openhab did not authenticate it.

So check that you don’t have any trailing spaces when you enter your details.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

4 Likes

Yes this is it!!! Thank you i tride it 5 hours haha